PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris!

pdrlkr
07-25-2010, 12:13 PM
We just booked our flight to Paris for 4/23/11 - 4/30/11! Next is finding a room and getting tickets to DLP! Any advice from those who have been. :thumbsup:

dangerman
07-25-2010, 02:32 PM
I went for the first time last year and I will be very honest with you, I thought it was going to be a poor imitation compared to WDW. I was apprehensive in regards to 'the Europeans' trying to do things the 'Disney' way.

However, you will be pleased to know it's absolutely amazing and totally different to WDW. I was very impressed with how the French did 'Disney' putting there own spin on things. :mickey:

As it is in France, it does have a tenancy to rain sometimes lol. I went in June last year and it rained 3 out of the 4 days. So rain coats are a must!

We went via Eurostar from the UK which took us straight in and will be flying in (hopefully) later this year. So I can't give any details on the transfer times from the airport.

The park entrances are very close together and this is where it differs to WDW. Left takes you to the Studios and right takes you to Disneyland.

Make sure you book a hotel with transport included (unless your driving) as it can become expensive with taxi's.

The bus station is right next to the Disney Village and the buses take you to various places like Paris and there is a nice little shopping center which is around 30mins bus journey.

There are a number of hotels to choose from, we went cheap and cheerful with the Cheyenne and loved it. The theme made it for me, the old wild west.

While on the subject of the wild west Buffalo bills in Disney village is a cool show and would highly recommended it. It's a little like the Dolly Parton show in Orlando.

Any questions please ask away and I will try and answer them for you :mickey:

DM

Disneygeert
07-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Hello

I am from the Netherlands and bin there about 35 times. So if you have questions please ask

Disneygeert

pdrlkr
07-26-2010, 06:25 AM
Is easier to take the bus or train to Paris?

dangerman
07-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Is easier to take the bus or train to Paris?

I've not been into Paris (never fancied it) so I don't know which is easier. I would guess train as the station is right next to the Disney Village but I am only guessing.

DM