PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier Experience on DDP

psychotekkie
07-24-2010, 10:36 PM
We will be on the Dining Plan when we go in August. I know it includes only an entree and dessert. But I notice at Le Cellier they have something called Le Cellier Experience under entrees that includes appetizer, entree and dessert.
Is it possible to order this item without having to pay extra on the DDP? Anyone had any luck with this?

And on a separate note, the most important thing to us is that we get to try the cheddar cheese soup, and I wouldn't mind if I missed dessert. Do you think it is possible to substitute an appetizer for a dessert on the DDP?

Thanks!!

rhonary
07-24-2010, 11:22 PM
Yes I believe you can order that...as far as substitute goes... dont know..wont hurt to ask!

SBETigg
07-24-2010, 11:51 PM
No, you can't substitute an appetizer for a dessert on the DDP (much to the regret of many of us). You can buy an app OOP if it's something you want to try (and well worth it). Yes, you can get the Le Cellier Experience on the DDP. They make this possible with special smaller portions (but still quite sizable and satisfying) of all the featured dishes that make up the special. Enjoy!

DizneyRox
07-25-2010, 03:55 AM
No subs...

Desserts are cheap, apps are not. Also by allowing choice and the ability to share, meals take longer with no additional money, which lowers throughput at the restaurants which lowers profits.

Apps are OOP on the DDP and rumors are that desserts may be in 2011 as well.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-25-2010, 09:14 PM
The specials are set menus and it does include everything on that special, whether it includes an app too. You do not pay extra for it.

JerseyDad
07-28-2010, 05:20 PM
...we did dining plan for the first time this past December/January WDW visit....and it was fantastic. I know about the exclusions of appetizers...etc., but with what you save on the plan...it's easy to splurge for the appetizer here and there. We also ate at Le Cellier...since my wife snagged reservations only 8 days before we went (there is a 6 month wait I've been told). The food was incredible...the service top notch...and if by chance they have the champagne sorbet on the menu....get it...it was out of this world.