PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Disney Podcasts

dangerman
07-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi,

Hope this is in the right place, please feel free to move/delete if needed. :)

Does anyone here regularly listen to podcasts, in particular Disney related ones?

I'm looking for one or two monthly/weekly podcasts I can pop onto my blackberry to listen to when travelling to and from work.

What are peoples favourites?

Thanks in advance

DM :mickey:

Tekneek
07-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Inside the Magic was the first one I listened to, and I've kept it around. I sense it is not as beloved as some others, though. Judge for yourself.

WDW Radio is a very nice one done by Lou Mongello. Aside from being great quality, Lou seems like a great person and shares a lot of his personality with the show. After listening for a while, you begin to feel like you know him personally.

Lately I have been really enjoying Wedway Radio, because they will often get into the history behind different attractions and experiences. Another good one on that front is Progress City Radio Hour, but there are only 3 of those so far.

WDW Today is another good one, which tends to be a great planning related show as it deals with the Walt Disney World experience that you can have right now.

If you don't mind a more adult style of show, and a critical look at what Disney does, then you might enjoy Micecast. Greg McNaughten, one of the co-hosts, is a former Castmember.

There are a lot of Disney-related podcasts out there and I try to at least sample all of them, as they each bring a little something different to the table. You might want to test out different ones and see if they fit your tastes. Don't be afraid to drop one and try another. Your favorites may end up quite different than mine.

Tekneek
07-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I should tell you about the Disney Brit podcast then. You may enjoy the perspective of some other English blokes, perhaps.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Another vote for WDW Radio with Lou! It is quite entertaining, and we met Lou last year, and he is a great guy :mickey:

cather74
07-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I agree about Lou Mongello. Love his show. I also first started listening to the Mandering Mouse. He isn't doing many podcats anymore, but some of his old shows feature awesome audio ride throughs:thumbsup::mickey: of extinct attraction. His commentary is great and when he did his tribute to Horizons I felt like I was a kid again.

DZNYGUY
07-25-2010, 01:35 AM
Does anyone else on here listen to the ****** podcast? I love that one.

That would be the one I recommend the most, but WDW Radio with Lou is really good too.

DZNYGUY
07-25-2010, 01:38 AM
Okay so what was the deal with that?

Can one of the moderators tell me why the word N e t c o t is blocked in this forum?

dangerman
07-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Thank you for the replies.

I have had a quick listen to a couple and I am quite liking WDW Today and I also like Micecast. So there are plenty to have a listen to. :thumbsup:

On a side note, I have just managed to set my blackberry up to be able to stream radio so now I can get a lot of Disney related music too :number1::cloud9:

Maybe one day i'll make a podcast of my own but it just seems a lot of work to put together. Does anyone on these boards make one?

Thanks again

DM