PDA

View Full Version : POR Carriage Rides

darthmacho
07-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Uh oh! I'm a little over three weeks out and i haven't made reservations for a horse and carriage ride at our home resort, POR.

Am I going to be out of luck? Will I be sorely dissapointed if I don't make a reservation?

Just curious, because it was bad enough having to plan all my meals six months in advance, but iu just don't know right now what the best time to fit in the carriage ride.

Can anything at WDW be spontaneous anymore? :mickey:

tadshome
07-23-2010, 07:23 PM
We booked on the day last year and did not have any problems. It was very beautiful and would love to do it again

Itchy
07-23-2010, 09:52 PM
My lady friend and I are going to be at POR the end of August for a Week. We were thinking about the carriage ride as well. My question is do you have to make a reservation prior to your arrival or can you do it while you are there.

It sounds like it would be a pretty nice way to end a wonderful day at the happiest place on earth.:mickey:

So! Having said that I can't wait until we get there for another visit. 36 days and counting.

Tick, Tick, Tick,,,:blush:

smokester653
07-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Does anyone have any pictures to share? Im wondering if it would be hard for my Mom to get up into the carriage, she has problems sometimes with "high steps". :confused:

BugeyedMuggy
07-25-2010, 08:23 AM
We did this last Oct and some people saw us getting in the carraige. They asked the driver if they could also get a carraige and he said they were sold out that night but had opennings tomorrow. So I think if you make them first thing in the morn, day of, or the day before you should be ok. They do sell out though.
We had booked ours months in advance. I believe you have a 24 hour cancelation window.

BugeyedMuggy
07-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Does anyone have any pictures to share? Im wondering if it would be hard for my Mom to get up into the carriage, she has problems sometimes with "high steps". :confused:

They have portable set of steps to help if you need it.

smokester653
07-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks!! :mickey:

darthmacho
07-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll call and make tentative reservations for our arrival day. How long is the ride?

Mushu11756
07-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Carriage Rides at
Disney's Port Orleans Resort Riverside

A relaxing 25-minute carriage ride through Disney's Port Orleans Resort. Carriage holds up to 4 adults or 2 adults and three small children.

Reservations nightly (weather permitting)
First ride 6pm -Last ride departs 9:30pm
Pick up at Port Orleans Riverside in front of Boatwright's Dining Hall

25 minute ride for $35 (tax included)
Tickets are sold by the carriage drivers
Cash and Disney Resort guest room charge accepted
Credit cards cannot be accepted

Reservations - Advance reservations can be made by calling WDW-PLAY
Same day reservations may be available at the Riverside Marina
Carriage rides may be cancelled due to inclement weather.

$35 fee for no-shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice.

For Gift Certificate or Special Request please call location at 407-824-2734.
Guests will be allowed to bring their own drinks on board.

PinKy
07-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know how far in advance you can make the reservations?

Is this the same for the wagon ride?

darthmacho
07-27-2010, 02:33 PM
I just made reservations for an 8pm carriage ride for the first night of our trip, on which we were going to spend exploring the resort anyway! That will give us plenty of time after our 6pm dinner reservations at Boatwrights.
Hopefully it will all work out.

Down to 18 days! :cloud9: