PDA

View Full Version : Dining after Fantasmic

amandak
07-22-2010, 09:38 PM
We are going to be in Disney in November. According to the calendar Fantasmic will be showing at 6:30 in the evening, ideally we'd like to eat after the show and I currently have an ADR at 50s Prime Time Cafe scheduled for 7:15, will we be able to make it from the show to the restaurant in time? I know the crowds can be crazy.

Thanks!

ElenitaB
07-22-2010, 09:58 PM
That might be cutting it close. Maybe you can sacrifice having prime seating and sit closer to the exit than you normally would.

An alternative would be to get an ADR for later seating at an EPCOT restaurant (as long as you're not going a terribly busy week... those Friendship boats can get VERY crowded), or at a restaurant at the Swan-Dolphin or the Boardwalk area.

r4kids
07-22-2010, 10:19 PM
We are going to be in Disney in November. According to the calendar Fantasmic will be showing at 6:30 in the evening, ideally we'd like to eat after the show and I currently have an ADR at 50s Prime Time Cafe scheduled for 7:15, will we be able to make it from the show to the restaurant in time? I know the crowds can be crazy.

Thanks!

We did an 8pm ressie at 50's because Fantasmic's a longer show and I wasn't sure if we would make it to an earlier time. I also liked the fact when we leave dinner the park will be closed so no one will be around :)

buzznwoodysmom
07-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Since its a 25 minute show your only giving yourself 20 minutes to get out of the theater and to your ADR. I've been to Fantasmic many times when the show started a bit late. I'm not going to say its impossible, but you'll be cutting it close. Its a frenzy to get out of there at the end of a show. I'd go with an earlier suggestion and try to get a seat as close to your exit as possible so you can try to get out quickly. When sitting close to the front of the theater its impossible to get out quickly, we often just sit it out and let the majority of the crowds leave before we even attempt to exit. Or you could always keep trying to get an ADR just a bit later to save yourself the worry. Good luck.

andreallybadeggs
07-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Welcome to Intercot! :rocks: It will be tight but you could make it. Usually takes us about 15 minutes to get out of the theater and I should think, even if it's crowded, 20 minutes to 50's PT is do-able.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-25-2010, 02:36 PM
While we should all try to be early for our resrtvations, they will hold it for you for up to 30 minutes. I know because I once got confused with Disney transportation going from the park to Ohana's. We were 15 minutes late and they still held our reservation. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-25-2010, 09:16 PM
We too have been late for our ADR in the past and they will still honor it for a short time frame after your actual time.