PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Land

BigThunderFan
07-22-2010, 06:02 PM
What is your favorite land in all of WDW?

Mine is Frontierland :cap: I have loved this area ever since I was little and can't wait to get back and ride Big Thunder!

My favorite was Tom Sawyer Island in Disneyland because you could climb in and around all the caves. I would spend hours there lost in the caves. Now I would have a heart attack if I couldn't see my kids for more than two seconds!

darthmacho
07-22-2010, 06:07 PM
What a great question! There are so many well themed areas in all four parks. Traditionally I'm a Frontierland fan because it has two great rides, Splash and Thunder, side by side, Country Bears, and wonderful theming all around. Despite that, Tomorrowland and Adventureland are also great.
Since I'm going again in August, I'm going to reevaluate my opinion...

goofy89
07-22-2010, 06:10 PM
For me it is definitely Tomorrowland! It has always been my favorite, especially at night. :mickey:

joonyer
07-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Frontierland is also my favorite. Splash Mountain is our family's favorite WDW attraction, and even though I'm a grown man I love Tom Sawyer Island, as it reminds me of my childhood when we played outside ALL the time, no TV, no video games. My kids love it because it is a play experience they did not get to do very much of around home. I grew up in the country, but they grew up in town, without forests and creeks to play in.

plutosnana
07-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Tommorowland Defaintley!

:goofy:

Stu29573
07-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Adventureland or Frontierland.

Darbylew
07-22-2010, 06:30 PM
That is a very hard question to answer. I love
all the lands but I guess my favorite would be
adventureland. I love the jungle cruise at night.
My next favorite would be tomorrowland.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
OCTOBER!!!!! :D

Superzeus84
07-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Thats tough, I would say Tommorowland. But that can change on a day to day basis especially when i am at WDW.

Minniemouse15
07-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Ah my favorite land is tomorrowland i love it! I can't wait to go ride space mountain! One of my favorite rides!:D

gerald72
07-23-2010, 05:52 AM
Main Street USA!!!

DizNee143
07-23-2010, 08:38 AM
what a great question..although very tough to answer! lol..
i would have to go with tomorrowland or main street usa..

BriarRose0708
07-23-2010, 08:53 AM
For me I would have to say Fantasyland. It is what classic Disney means to me. Never having gone to WDW until my 20's I would dream as a kid about what it would be like to be there and go on Small World, Snow White, Dumbo.... so when I finally was able to go I spent most my time in Fantasyland. It's where I get to be the 5-year-old in WDW in my head. I may change my opinion after the big expansion, but for now no other land really compares for me.:mickey:

BigThunderFan
07-23-2010, 09:47 AM
I am really surprised there are no people posting about other parks! I thought for sure some people would be choosing World Showcase, or at least a certain country. But then again, I think MK is the sentimental favorite for most everyone. :popcorn: :coaster: :hug: :mickey2: :goofy2: :minnie2:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
If we're talking about Magic Kingdom, although my favorite ride is Haunted Mansion, I would have to pick Fantasyland for the overall magical disney feel....

If like another poster stated we can choose from different parks, I would say World Showcase is hard to beat.

DisneyDoug2
07-23-2010, 10:59 AM
I would have to go with Fronterland

ILoveMickey'77
07-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Great question with a difficult answer.

I think my favorite is Frontierland, but pretty much I love the left side of the park, Adventureland, Frontierland, and Liberty Square.

I think Frontierland wins out though because of the mountains, The Country Bears, and Pecos Bills.

Gibbs
07-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Adventure Land for me. DS and I love Pirates

WVParkfan
07-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Discovery Island in the Animal Kingdom Park! Best "land" in all of Disney World.

goofy-4-disney
07-26-2010, 12:49 PM
My favorite would be Frontierland. Two of the best rides in all of WDW are located in this area.

Bay Lake
07-26-2010, 01:38 PM
For some reason I just love Adventureland. And now that I am writing this I hear the great backround music in my head. Only one more week till I am back. Cant Wait
:joy::joy:

Pigtunia
07-26-2010, 05:09 PM
What a tough question!

I don't want to choose, but if I must: Tomorrowland is it.

brownie
07-26-2010, 05:20 PM
My favorite would be Future World. Epcot is our favorite park!

McLiberal8
07-26-2010, 05:23 PM
At MK - Tomarrowland. I love the old-timey retro space feel. An age I didn't get to grow up in.
Outside of it, I love World Showcase, or Sunset Blvd @ Hollywood Studios.

lionprincess9
07-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Part of me wants to say Main Street U.S.A., because when I walk down it the first time I'm in Magic Kingdom of the trip, it makes me feel like I'm really at Disney World :cloud9: but, once I've done that, definitely Asia in Animal Kingdom. I love the atmosphere, Expedition Everest, and just everything about it!!!

whitney37354
07-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Adventureland because it has each of our favorite MK rides: DH: POTC, DD: Peter Pan's Flight, Me: Small World

PinKy
07-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Tomorrowland or Main Street!

LudwigVonDrake
07-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Frontierland :cowboy:

Pop Centurion
07-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Tough question.

Frontierland obviously has the two mountains but the atmosphere just doesn't do it for me.

Adventureland has nice atmosphere. The jungle sounds, bongo's, etc set the mood nicely. POTC and JC are two great rides. Not thrilling but very fun and imaginative. Lastly you have Aloha Isle and we all know what that means. :papple:

Tomorrowland is fun, colorful, and has a great variety of attractions. It also has my favorite CS in MK which is Cosmic Rays. Mood is good but not throughout the entire land. It seems to shift from area to area. For example, on Space Mountain and TTA (old version) there was a certain atmosphere that reminded you of the sci-fi/futuristic view of the future that seemed to be the view from years past (if that made sense) Think the movies they show at Sci-Fi Dine Inn at DHS. The Sci-Fi music

Fantasyland definitely brings out the kid in all of us and Mickey's Philharmagic just may be my favorite attraction in the entire park. The whole area definitely is magical.

Besides The HM and LTT, Liberty Square doesn't do much for me in comparison to the other lands.

So I really can't choose a favorite but I f I had to say which I would spend the most time in, it would be either Tomorrowland or Adventureland,

RAIDER
07-28-2010, 03:17 AM
Put me down for Frontierland ....Big Thunder and Splash are always go to rides for me :thumbsup:

WDWNut02
07-28-2010, 08:35 AM
I love Main Street!!! Wish I lived in a town just like it.

BigThunderFan
07-28-2010, 12:53 PM
I love Main Street!!! Wish I lived in a town just like it.

We live not too far from Marceline MO, the town Walt Disney grew up in and based Main Street USA on. I was very disappointed there was no castle at the end of the street... :blush:

KAJUNKING
07-28-2010, 01:15 PM
liberty square with main st a close 2nd

2MuchWDFun
07-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Frontierland! Love both Splash Mountain and BTMR....both rides are in our top 5 for all the parks.

Bellerella
08-01-2010, 12:25 AM
In MK: Adventureland (love Pirates!!)
All of WDW: World Showcase (love world travel and culture!)
In WS: Moroco (I love all the color and exotic merchandise!) :mickey:

sassy2000
08-01-2010, 08:35 AM
I would have to say Fantasyland is my favorite. It reminds me of all of my trips there when I was a child. Plus, now I get to watch my DD3 when she gets there. Her enthusiasm for Dumbo and It's a Small World reminds me why we visit all of the time.

WDWNut02
08-01-2010, 09:53 AM
We live not too far from Marceline MO, the town Walt Disney grew up in and based Main Street USA on. I was very disappointed there was no castle at the end of the street... :blush:

That's great!!! :laughing:

crltkcagle
08-01-2010, 10:47 AM
This is a hard question. I love POC but I think I would have to pick Tomorrowland because of the laugh floor. But then again ok I will go with Adventureland! LOL

Gator
08-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Great question!

Well, my favorite land of ALL would be New Orleans Square at Disneyland. It has Pirates, Haunted Mansion, the Blue Bayou restaurant, and the best architecture.

But at WDW, it would have to be World Showcase far and away. That area is the reason I fly across the country instead of driving six hours to a Disney park. With all the countries, rides, food, people, and the best fireworks know to man, World Showcase is tops for me.

indytraveler
08-02-2010, 09:39 AM
At first thought it was Tomorrowland, with the rides Space Mtn, Buzz, Laugh Floor, Indy Speedway. But then I thought about the sentimental reasons and will have to say Frontierland with Splash and Thunder, and the Country Bears, lets not forget about Pecos Bills.
It seems that the setting of Frontierland was thought out so much better than that of tomorrowland.

Mickey91
08-02-2010, 10:42 AM
:tink: Fantasyland :dumbo: with :alien: Tomorrowland :car: and :balloon: Main Street USA :train: coming in very close behind.

disneymom2000
08-03-2010, 12:05 AM
I would have to choose Liberty Square or Tomorrowland. I love Hall of Presidents and being a part of an interactive game with Buzz.:rocks:

okw2006
08-03-2010, 03:04 PM
I have to go with Frontierland. Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain are always the first things we ride.

WVParkfan
08-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Adventureland because it has each of our favorite MK rides: DH: POTC, DD: Peter Pan's Flight, Me: Small World

Peter Pan and Small World are in Fantasyland. PotC is in Adventureland. But, it's OK to have two favorites!

Eric87
08-06-2010, 12:54 PM
I really love Tomorrowland at night. Aside from the look and feel, it's also wide open and less cramped than the other lands.

3Cabsfan
08-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Liberty Square and Adventureland are tied at first place for me.

marlyn
08-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Adventureland for me! POTC :-)

Fort Willow
08-06-2010, 11:44 PM
A difficult question...but I would say Main St. Walking down and smelling the bakery and seeing the castle in the distance...what a feeling!:cloud9:

GrmGrninGost
08-07-2010, 10:23 AM
For me, the secret of Disney is the Magic, and no where is there more Magic than in Fantasyland! :mickey:

xo0ally
08-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Froniterland not only is there good rides and amazing themeing but the food is so ymmy. It's the first place we always eat when we come home :mickey:

Septbride2002
08-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I love Animal Kingdom at dusk - the theming really stands out at that time. I also love Studios - I love how they tried to take the best of Hollywood and replicate it.

~Amanda

ravsluvdisney
08-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I am really surprised there are no people posting about other parks! I thought for sure some people would be choosing World Showcase, or at least a certain country. But then again, I think MK is the sentimental favorite for most everyone. :popcorn: :coaster: :hug: :mickey2: :goofy2: :minnie2:

Agreed - I was going with world showcase as my runner-up "land"....but i'm going to go old school and say main street circa 1970's. With all the cool transportation options and the great little shops, characters just strolling right by, the castle of course - always sets the mood!! :mickey:

PinkTink
08-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Fantasyland - I love the theming of it, the European flair. Many of my favorite rides are there as well. One of my most favorite things is to ride Cinderella's Carousel at night - it's magical! :)

DisneyMelissa
08-09-2010, 04:51 AM
My favorites are Tomorrowland and Future World :) Especially at night!