PDA

View Full Version : Big River Grille & Brewing Works

JSparrow
07-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Has anyone eaten at the Big River Grille & Brewing Works for dinner at the Boardwalk? How was it?

ginny57
07-22-2010, 01:19 PM
We ate there in March. We all enjoyed our meals .. and the beer too! :beer:

faline
07-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Ate there about a year ago. Food was good and portions were large. I'm not a big beer drinker but I understand the beer is good as well.

Pigtunia
07-22-2010, 01:57 PM
We ate there about six years ago. The offerings are somewhat limited, but (at the time) they were good.:thumbsup:

Food isn't the primary reason to visit BRG&BW, however. It offers excellent microbrews: that is the primary appeal and draw of the place.:beer:

RedSoxFan
07-22-2010, 03:49 PM
We have eaten there a few times. We love it there. DH likes the beer.

BrerGnat
07-22-2010, 03:59 PM
If you like beer, this is a great place. Service and food were average, at best (comparable to a place like Chili's). Desserts were good and so were the beers!

Seasonscraps
07-22-2010, 04:25 PM
If you like beer, this is a great place. Service and food were average, at best (comparable to a place like Chili's). Desserts were good and so were the beers!

I agree. DH likes microbrews so he enjoys it. I am not a fan of them so I could take it or leave it and actually prefer ESPN Club since they have beer I prefer. :)

IceRef
07-22-2010, 06:48 PM
JSparrow:

Nothing much to offer to you but positive support by those of us weighing in on the Big River Grille choice. We enjoyed a more than decent and reasonably priced meal, along with very good selection of brews (which might have added more to the tab than I remember) not less than two weeks ago.

One suggestion might be if the weather cooperates of course, is to request seating outside as a possible option. We found that the inside seating seems to feel somewhat cramped if you might be eating at a normal meal time and the house is a bit full.

Hope you enjoy the experience.

JPL
07-23-2010, 12:26 AM
I ate there in June the beer ws good but the food was average nothing really too special. It wasn't bad or anything but just on par with a place like TGIF or any other chain reatuarant. The service was good and as mentioned the portions were pretty big. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there but would go back if I was in the Boardwalk area and looking for a quick place to grad a decent meal.

CaptSmee
07-23-2010, 03:20 PM
this place is AWESOME! Love the food, love the beers, portions are enormous :thumbsup:

epcot linnie
07-24-2010, 07:44 PM
My Daughters and I ate there last summer. It was a terribly hot day. We were seated at the bar and had a wonderful meal! I think we each had 3 or 4 refills on our iced tea, some salads and burgers. The bartender was a wonderful server, and we had a great time just relaxing there, visiting with him. The table seating appeared be a bit cramped, so I would definitely ask for seating at the bar if it is available.

Maleficent's Dad
07-25-2010, 08:23 PM
I fall into the minority category on this thread...

After dining at Big River for numerous years, we've seen nothing but a decline in the food & service of the Big River. We've been DVC Boardwalk members for the past 12 years, and I can state this - our experiences years ago were much better than they are today.

I was there this past Wednesday. It was nothing special.
We find the restaurant to always be a bit untidy with trash left about on the floors (consistently), the service lacking (waitstaff congregating and socializing as patrons wait), and the food to be mediocre.

I'm glad that others have had better experiences. I hope things are on the upslope, as I'd love for the place to become a fave again!

As mentioned, their brews are very good, however!

Disney Yankee
07-25-2010, 10:25 PM
We ate at the Big River Grille last week. I would suggest that you DON'T use TS credits if you are on the dining plan. The burgers and sandwiches are better than the larger meals.

disney_daddy
07-26-2010, 01:11 PM
We ate there this May and the food was very good. I had the meatloaf and it was very good. All the other meals were very good too. This was one of our pleasant surprises of our last vacation.

RAIDER
07-27-2010, 03:13 AM
The menu is nothing special but it has a good atmosphere and worth a try we found it better at lunchtime when its not so manic :thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
07-27-2010, 12:42 PM
We ate there 3 years ago and liked it. The steaks were fine and the beer was very good. Still, it isn't one of our 10 favorite restaurants at WDW.

AllDisney
07-27-2010, 05:23 PM
The food was OK but nothing great. Service was good and enjoyed sitting outside watching the world pass us by:mickey:

Melanie
07-27-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't hear much about this place. We are going to the World next week and are looking for different things to do, and the adults in our party enjoy a good beer. :cheers:

If we decided to walk over to the Boardwalk one afternoon from Epcot, how would we find the crowds? Do we need an ADR? And most importantly, just how is the beer? :beer:

RedSoxFan
07-27-2010, 06:25 PM
I cannot comment on the beer as I don't drink; but DH likes it. We've never had a problem getting a table during all 3 visits to WDW. The food is good too.

Pop Centurion
07-27-2010, 07:55 PM
We've eaten there for the past 3 trips and enjoy it. Most of the food is average but occasionally they have a special that is very good. 2 years ago I had a grilled Swordfish Steak with a Pear & Gran Marnier reduction that was so delicious. Also their homemade Humus with pita chips is consistently good & great to snack on while enjoying a cold beer. Which get's me to the best part, the beer! Excellent selection of microbrews. If it's not too hot I recommend getting an outside table. The atmosphere is more enjoyable when having your meal while taking in the fresh air & watching people walk on the boardwalk. An outside table during sunset or Illuminations is a bonus.

Maleficent's Dad
07-29-2010, 06:49 AM
If we decided to walk over to the Boardwalk one afternoon from Epcot, how would we find the crowds? Do we need an ADR? And most importantly, just how is the beer? :beer:
Melanie,
The crowds, especially in the afternoon, should not be a problem. They do tend to get more crowded on weekend evenings, however. The bar area is more crowded than the restaurant more often. (Note - it's not a large restaurant area, at all; there is extensive seating outside, but summer heat might prevent that option!)

Big River used to take traditional reservations 24 hours ahead of time - I cannot verify if they still do so or not, however. You can call them if you'd like, and they'll let you know about ressies (phone: 407-560-0253).

And lastly - the beer is of high quality; they also have a very nice variety for different tastes. I believe their Red Rocket Ale is the biggest seller!