PDA

View Full Version : Can you add DDP up to 3 days before arrival?

mrmcgiv
07-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Is it true you can add DDp to your reservation up to 3 days before arrival? We are getting a 750 GC and planned to use that for dining, but as I look at menus and prices I am thinking the DDP may be best for 5 days and what we have left on the GC can be used another trip. We are doing a split stay - 5 nights at AKl and 5 nights at a value, so we can use the GC for dining for the last 3 days and for the room charge for the last 3 days as well. However we can't use the gift card to pay for DDP

We can hit the higher priced dining on the DDP - Castle if we could get in last minute, Crystal palace, Ohana and Tusker house.

r4kids
07-21-2010, 08:18 PM
If you add the dining plan it has to equal the amount of nights you are spending at the resort. So if it's 5 nights you are staying, you have to do 5 nights of the dining plan. You can add the dining plan up to 3 days before your vacation arrival but may incur a $50 change fee within the 45 day until arrival mark. You would also want to book any dining reservations before that since there may be limited availability.

Strmchsr
07-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I was thinking it's 10 days on the DDP, but I'm not 100% certain on that. However, as noted above, you have to have the DDP for the full length of your package. It can't be split to have it part of the days unless you have two entirely different reservations. Then you apply the DDP only to the reservation you want.

r4kids
07-21-2010, 08:29 PM
I called to double check because I wasn't 100% sure either and the CM said 3 days but could incur the $50 fee for a change.

mrmcgiv
07-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks, it is two entirely different reservations so it will just be 5 days of DDP. Thanks for calling to check, we are w/in 45 days.