PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Reservations

familyof5
07-21-2010, 05:48 PM
I just switched my December dates to take advantage of the FREE Disney Dining plan (and save over $1,000 :D).

This is our very first trip...Do we have to make reservations for the table services or can we just go to where we want and get a table? (There are 5 of us, two adults and 3 children)

Strmchsr
07-21-2010, 06:06 PM
You definitely need ADRs. Especially with the "free" dining promotion you'll miss most of the popular places if you don't have those. December has gotten crowded enough, so with that promotion it'll be even tougher to get the popular places and walk-ups probably won't be available except at the least popular places.

familyof5
07-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks...Could you tell me what some of the most popular places are??

DizneyRox
07-21-2010, 07:09 PM
When you're talking about "free" dining, it's just about every table service location.

I'd be online RIGHT NOW making any reservation I could. There are probably a few that aren't available (CRT and LeCellier) but you shouldn't have much trouble if start now and finish up by the weekend.

faline
07-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Popular places include:
Le Cellier
Ohana
Chef Mickey's
Cinderella's Royal Table
Cape May
Kona Cafe (particularly for breakfast)
Crystal Palace
California Grill
Narcoosee's
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Prime Time Cafe

It's what strikes me at the moment. Of coure, everyone has different tastes so the favorites for one person are not necessarily the same for someone else.

faline
07-21-2010, 07:12 PM
I'd be online RIGHT NOW making any reservation I could. There are probably a few that aren't available (CRT and LeCellier) but you shouldn't have much trouble if start now and finish up by the weekend.

And even if you don't get a reservation at a spot you want and/or a time you want, keep trying. Cancellations happen all the time and the reservation you want may open up later. On our last trip, we made a Chef Mickey's breakfast reservation 2 days before we left when, every other time I tried, it had come up as unavailable.

r4kids
07-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Garden Grill w/ Chip N Dale - Epcot
Akershus breakfast- Princesses- Epoct
1900 Park Fare w/ Cinderella and Price Charming - Grand Floridian Resort near MK
Liberty Tree- Magic Kingdom
Marrakesh- Epcot
Coral Reef- Epcot
Sci Fi- Hollywood Studios

Are a few more...It also depends on your character interaction preference. We like to see the characters at meals instead of seeking them out in the parks. Start booking quickly though as others have said and see what's available.

RedSoxFan
07-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Yes, make ADR's for the trip. We are going in December too and have free dining. I made my ADR's on line. Very easy and still a lot to choose from.