PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if MK will be extremely corwded on Sun 8/15

mrmcgiv
07-21-2010, 04:39 PM
which is the first day of free dining. Upon arrival at disney I bet everyone wants to go straight to the MK. We will be going Fri 8/13 for a full day at MK and our other day will be either Sun 8/15 or Mon 8/16. I guess both have the potential to be crowded naturally and then add free dining in... Also, if people arrive on Sun for Free dining will they wait to go to MK until Monday or flock there Sunday? I think Mk has Eve EMH sunday. We will either go to AKL Mon and MK Sun or vice versa. Ideally we would go do Mk sun and go to AKL monday for the eve EMH.

stephntampa
07-21-2010, 04:52 PM
I thought I read on Intercot that Mondays are typically busy days at MK. Touring plans says Sunday and Monday are the better days for MK, crowd predictor as "7". Also, school starts for our kids (I am in the Tampa area) on August 16th (Monday), not sure about the Orlando area, but that eliminates "the locals".. and season pass holders blackout ends on August 19th..Have a wonderful time, drink lots of water!!:mickey:

mrmcgiv
07-21-2010, 05:49 PM
thanks, what is the season passholder blackout? No passholders can attend in the summer through 8/19?? We leave 8/18 or 8/19 so that should help a bit w/ crowds.

I thought I read on Intercot that Mondays are typically busy days at MK. Touring plans says Sunday and Monday are the better days for MK, crowd predictor as "7". Also, school starts for our kids (I am in the Tampa area) on August 16th (Monday), not sure about the Orlando area, but that eliminates "the locals".. and season pass holders blackout ends on August 19th..Have a wonderful time, drink lots of water!!:mickey:

stephntampa
07-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Correct, season passholders were blacked out since June 12th and continues until August 19th. Annual passholders have NO black out dates. After a quick search I found that Orlando area schools resume August 23rd.