PDA

View Full Version : WWoHP ~ Robes/Wands?

DisneyFanatic11
07-21-2010, 12:53 PM
So I've been hearing lately that the robes are incredibly expensive to buy. One hundred dollars?!

My question is how well these are made. I haven't been able to find out any sort of information or pictures to see these robes. The only real information I've gotten would be the prices and where they are sold.

So there are two questions, to sum up:
1) Does anyone have a picture of the robes or saw/felt them to see how well they are made? I don't want to go thinking I'll buy something with quality and then find out that they're incredibly flimsy and tacky.
2) I know wands are hard to come by, but do you think they will restock before the next day? I plan on being there when the park opens so I'm hoping I could grab the one I wanted before they're sold out (Apparently they sell out quickly).

Thanks! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
07-21-2010, 07:02 PM
I did not personally feel or even get a good look at the robes, so I can't speak to that. Which wand are you looking to purchase? I got my wand from a cart close to closing time. I chose mine based on my birthday. Harry and Hermione's regular wands were sold out, but the Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Voldemort light up wands were still available. Most of the other non-character specific wands were available too.

TiggeRia
07-21-2010, 07:05 PM
I did not personally feel or even get a good look at the robes, so I can't speak to that. Which wand are you looking to purchase? I got my wand from a cart close to closing time. I chose mine based on my birthday. Harry and Hermione's regular wands were sold out, but the Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Voldemort light up wands were still available. Most of the other non-character specific wands were available too.

I'm interested in knowing about the robes, too. However, are the wands they sell there the same character wands that the noble collection sells? If it's a character wand you're interested in, that may be a better option. I would like to buy a wand based on my birthday, though, when I go in September. I'm hoping those robes are nice, too!!

clm10308
07-21-2010, 08:33 PM
The robes in the park are $99. They are much better quality than the $29 robe that my daughter got online for a halloween costume several years ago.
The ones in the park are of a much heavier fabric and are fully lined with fabric in the house colors. I think it even had a wand pocket on the inside.
I was very tempted to buy them for my 2 kids, but the 8yr old would outgrow his too quickly to spend that kind of money.