PDA

View Full Version : haloween horror nights for 40-50 year olds?

dyin tago
07-20-2010, 08:53 PM
hi,

wife and I have never been to halloween horror nights.

Is it popular with adults in 40-50 year old range or mostly younger adults?

John
07-20-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm in my 40's (gasp!) and I wouldn't miss it. Sure there is a younger element but you won't feel out of place.

Recommend you get the HHN Express Pass for the night. Lines can get quite long.

Tink1
07-20-2010, 09:31 PM
I just hit the half century mark and LOVE HHN . I do not feel out of place at all!

nanc

dyin tago
07-20-2010, 09:33 PM
that`s great to hear!

would you recommend the express pass even on a thursday night?

we hate standing in lines.

Tink1
07-20-2010, 09:44 PM
On a Thurs night in early Oct, if I was doing stay and scream, I would not get the Express pass. If not doing stay and scream, I would. (we usually get a few houses done during the stay and sceam period).

The later in October you go, the more crowded it gets.

Nanc

John
07-20-2010, 10:40 PM
I just hit the half century mark and LOVE HHN . I do not feel out of place at all!

nanc

Did you try the jello shooters in the blood donation bags? LOL. Good stuff :)

DVC2004
07-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Well lol I am not quite there but can tell you love it- not to be missed!

Tink1
07-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Did you try the jello shooters in the blood donation bags? LOL. Good stuff :)

no, but we used to make mixed drinks in blood bags when I worked in the Blood Bank. (at tailgate parties, not at work!)

Nanc

edited to add: hubby loves the Jack and Coke slushies!

WDWfanatic742
07-22-2010, 03:40 AM
On the crowds issue, me and my friends went two years ago the night before Halloween and we waited less than 20 minutes for every house the entire night except for one house which we waited for 45 minutes. Most rides including Mummy were walk-on's for most of the night. If you get there when the gates open, you'll be able to finish everything by midnight at the latest.

And about the blood bags, I wouldn't know anything about them but I heard that they were really good ;). They also had syringes with fake blood that was a jello shot as well...

PeachyGal
07-23-2010, 02:42 PM
While I haven't quite hit the 40 mark yet, my sister has and this will be the 3rd year we have gone. We make a special trip to Orlando just to go to HHN. Just got done this morning making hotel and car arrangements. I even booked us breakfast at O'hana's just to start the day out right.

As far as express passes go, we normally go on a Friday night early in Oct. Last year was the first time we got the express pass. I will never go without it!! We only go to HHN so we don't want to spend our time waiting in lines. It was awesome and well worth the extra we paid.