PDA

View Full Version : Resis at Le Celliar

Disney Lover72
07-20-2010, 04:37 PM
HELP! We are going the week of Oct 2-8. I have tried daily for a resi at Le Celliar with no luck. I will take lunch or dinner. This is the only place my DH has asked to eat. Any Suggegstions?:mickey:

BigThunderFan
07-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Just keep trying! People cancel all the time. We were able to get CRT in 2008 the day before!

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Disney Lover72
07-20-2010, 04:44 PM
I will! We try daily so hopefully we will get something! Thanks!

DizneyRox
07-20-2010, 05:10 PM
LeCellier is one of the more popular locations on property. Which I don't want to say it's impossible, but I would certainly fill that slot someplace else while you keep trying.

faline
07-20-2010, 07:18 PM
I will! We try daily so hopefully we will get something! Thanks!

I'd suggest trying several times a day. On a trip last December, I was having trouble getting a time I wanted at Chef Mickey's. Persistence paid off and something opened up just two days before we left home. Can't guarantee you'll be successful but it certainly increases your odds!

TheRustyScupper
07-20-2010, 11:39 PM
This is the only place my DH has asked to eat. Any Suggegstions?

Think of an alternative eatery.

Laughin' place
07-21-2010, 07:51 PM
:number1:While we love Cellier, the fact is you may not get in. May I suggest you offer Yachsmans to your husband ? Tell him that many on the boards, Intercot, and podcasts swear by it as the best steak on property. (Granted, no beer cheese soup, or pretzel bread, but VERY good steaks).

r4kids
07-21-2010, 08:01 PM
We are trying too! I check several times a day, lunch or dinner!! Good luck :thumbsup:

EllieMae
07-21-2010, 08:14 PM
I hope you get into Le Cellier as I too love that place :mickey: buuut another good choice is Narcoosees, we had a great filet mignon there in December and the service was wonderful!

Pigtunia
07-22-2010, 03:57 PM
:number1:While we love Cellier, the fact is you may not get in. May I suggest you offer Yachsmans to your husband ? Tell him that many on the boards, Intercot, and podcasts swear by it as the best steak on property. (Granted, no beer cheese soup, or pretzel bread, but VERY good steaks).

Yachtsman is the alternative we've gone to, and we definitely have not regretted it. It's actually an even better restaurant, and is very easy to walk to from EPCOT.:mickey::thumbsup:

Disney Lover72
07-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Thanks to all of you that have given me alternative suggestions! I will for sure check those out tonight! He is just wanting an EXCELLENT STEAK! :thumbsup:

Fastpasssteve
07-23-2010, 12:02 AM
I figure anyone interested in Le Cellier is interested in a good piece of meat. The Yachtsman Steakhouse is good, but also consider Jiko, one of the restaurants at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is a signature dining location, so it takes 2 credits (if you're on the plan). It is a gorgeous resort and a lovely restaurant. The food is great. They also serve a wonderful filet of beef served with some of the best macaroni and cheese you will ever ingest. You may be surprised to find you have a new favorite restaurant in WDW. Plus, it's more romantic than Le Cellier.

Disneyfamilyof3
07-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Hi! We love Le Cellier, too. Everything about it, in fact. From the steaks, the cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread, to the castmembers; who always seem to be some of the most magical castmembers on property! Keep trying, but just in case you can't:

1) California Grill: has a wonderful filet; plus: you can arrange to see Wishes from the roof! If you like sushi, Yoshi Cabal is one of the best sushi preparers in the world ( her deluxe platter and the snake in the grass is to die for!)

2) Shulas: at the Dolphin hotel, is supposed to have GREAT steaks: never tried them myself, but heard great things

There's also supposed to be a great steak to be had somewhere in Downtown Disney,.. but can't remember where,.. maybe Wolfgang Puck? I'm sure someone here may know.

My husband and I weren't thrilled with Yachtsmans Steakhouse; although we gave it two tries. Their claim to fame is their aged steaks,.. maybe we should have tried a different cut.

Our favorite steaks were first: 1) California Grill, and 2) Le Cellier: the filet mignon both places.

Good luck on Le Cellier. If you are on the dining plan; then you can't beat the value of this place on a one tables service ticket, in my opinion!:marg: