PDA

View Full Version : Will we be able to add-on

DizDaddy966
07-20-2010, 10:57 AM
We have ADRs for 9 adults at Cali Grill for dinner sun, we found out a friend from Jacksonville will be coming to visit that day.What are the chances that we can squeeze him in to sit with us. They have us split at two tables already and of course there is nothing showing availability in the reservation system to add him. Do you think concierge could help? or are we out of luck.

Seasonscraps
07-20-2010, 11:27 AM
I would think it would be easy to add on one person to a group of 9 since it most likely won't require another table. I would call to see what a person says - just make sure they do not cancel your original ADR.

Good luck!

Strmchsr
07-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Definitely call and ask. Because of fire codes they are very strict about the party size so it's almost impossible just to walk up with an additional person. However, if you call and ask they might be able to accommodate you.

Flower
07-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Keep calling, but from experience it is best to go to CG the day of your ressie and explain to them what has happened.

We went in January and I had a ressie for 4 at Le Cellier, same thing, along comes a friend and now we are 3 adults and 2 children. I called MANY times leading up to our trip and several times for the reosrt room to no avail.

As it turned out, in true Mickey Magic, when we got to the podium at Le Cellier we knew the CM from our home town in Canada - she had worked at my kids daycare and called out to them by name as we approached the podium!

We explained to her what happened and she just radio'd the manager to see if it was possible to add 1 to our table and there was no problem at all. :mickey:

Strmchsr
07-20-2010, 07:21 PM
We explained to her what happened and she just radio'd the manager to see if it was possible to add 1 to our table and there was no problem at all. :mickey:

That's a very cool story, but a rarity. I've seen several folks in the same situation turned away or one person had to go eat by themselves because they couldn't get in.

DizneyRox
07-20-2010, 07:42 PM
We'e added one several times on this trip and previous ones. I've never been turned away, and that includes LeCellier.

Stuff comes up, and we were not sure on dates until we were already at WDW.

I would continue to try to add, however, I would certainly turn up and ask at your scheduled time. For Disney to turn away a party of 10 would be really bad. That's a really fat check that would be walking away, as long as you are prepared to walk.