PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to Sea World?

natstroop
07-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone,

This is will be our third trip to Disney, but first time staying on site. We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside and going to each Disney park while there. We would also like to go to Sea World for a day, but were not planning on renting a car. Does anyone know if the Disney shuttles go to and from Sea World?
Thanks much!

Natalie

Scar
07-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Disney buses do not leave the property. You could take a taxi.

natstroop
07-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the info. We have never used a taxi before, but I guess there's always a first time.

buzz2001
07-20-2010, 02:18 PM
You can catch a Lynx bus or a Mears shuttle from the TTC to universal and/or Seaworld.

natstroop
07-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Thank you for the tip. Could you please tell me where the TTC is located?

Thanks!

Scar
07-20-2010, 03:29 PM
The Ticket and Transportation Center is located next to The Polynesian Resort. It is where the 2 monorail lines connect. There is no resort bus service to it. The best bet would be to take a bus to either MK or Epcot and monorail over.

TammiMcMan
07-20-2010, 03:31 PM
TTC is the ticket and transportation center. It's the front entrance which you pass through to get on the Epcot or MK monorail or the MK ferry. If you're facing the TTC, there's parking for shuttle buses to your right.

Disney definitely doesn't want you leaving their property to spend money elsewhere, so you won't get any transportation options through them ;). You can look up Lynx, which is the public bus system. If I remember correctly, they have a trip builder option that will let you know which bus and what transfers you'd need for Sea World. I think you can get a Lynx bus at Downtown Disney too. Mears or a taxi would be more expensive, but certainly more convenient.

Alaska Disney Fan
07-20-2010, 08:33 PM
The lynx bus that leaves from TTC is the same one that goes to DTD. You can save time by just going to DTD and jump on there. We have taken a cab twice before and it was about 30 each way. We are planning on taking the bus this year, it's about 2 bucks per person each way. There is a lynx website that you can get all the info.

JPL
07-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I took the Lynx Bus a few years ago and it was a great alternative. It took about 25 minutes to get there and was pretty painless:thumbsup:

TinkerbellsMom
07-20-2010, 09:22 PM
We took a taxi when went to Seaworld. The taxi driver said that the cheapest fair would be to take the taxi from DTD - not the resort. Since you're at Port Orleans, you can take the boat to DTD and get a taxi from there.

natstroop
07-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Thank you so much for all the information. I'll be sure to check into all the possibilities and do what's most convenient for us.

Natalie

buzz2001
07-21-2010, 11:11 AM
The Ticket and Transportation Center is located next to The Polynesian Resort. It is where the 2 monorail lines connect. There is no resort bus service to it. The best bet would be to take a bus to either MK or Epcot and monorail over.There is also bus service to the TTC from AK and DHS.

buzz2001
07-21-2010, 11:13 AM
The lynx bus that leaves from TTC is the same one that goes to DTD. You can save time by just going to DTD and jump on there. We have taken a cab twice before and it was about 30 each way. We are planning on taking the bus this year, it's about 2 bucks per person each way. There is a lynx website that you can get all the info.Good to know.