PDA

View Full Version : Tusker house or 1900 PF for Bfast / WCC or 50's primetime for lunch??

mrmcgiv
07-20-2010, 01:04 AM
with 9YO daughter and 6YO son and my husband.

We have been to 1900 for dinner but not Bfast. Which has better food selection for Breakfast? Characters? Atmosphere? Does Tusker house have unique offerings? We are not big breakfast buffet fans, so some other items are appealing - carving station - smoked salmon and more.... which has more of a selection?

My kids like the characters still, but they are getting older, so they would like entertaining characters - like at the 1900 PF dinner - the step sisters were funny....

Also for lunch WCC or 50's prime time? Have never been to 50's before but have been to WCC for dinner(our server was a dud). My husband LOVED the skillet though!

We will also do one other character meal, Sci-fi and biergarten.

Cape May and O'hana Breakfasts are also in the running if anyone has any comments on these...

thanks!

DizneyRox
07-20-2010, 06:28 AM
Donald's hands down...

I like 50's for lunch, WCC is good too. Depends on what you're in the mood for. I wouldn't leave MGM to head to WDD for lunch, but if you're at MK, then sure...

Not a huge fan of Sci-Fi, but it's not as bad (for me) as many people say. Biergarten is fantastic, we'll do it twice a trip of so.

Pass on Ohana's for breakfast (maybe head to 1900 instead), and Cape May is good, but tough to get to, unless you're staying at the Beach Club.

green ranger
07-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Restaurants are funny. People have such varying opinions. When my husband and children went to the Tusker House, we LOVED it. WE thought the food selection was great and it was just different. We recommended it to my sister and parents and they didn't like it at all. Now, on the other hand, when we went to 1900 Park Fare, we thought it was okay, but that we wouldn't return for breakfast. My sister and parents loved it and thought it was their best breakfast of the week. Maybe it depends on the time of the reservation. Our reservation at 1900 PF was a later seating and things were winding down. I have to say though the Mad Hatter will probably be entertaining to your children.
So after all that being said, I would still vote for the Tusker House!

disneykid@hrt
07-20-2010, 09:23 AM
When we went to Tusker House the food was excellent. Best meal we had on-property hands down. Also, I don't think the step-sisters are at 1900 PF for breakfast. I believe it's Alice in Wonderland, which is also really popular now. I would say Tusker House... plus its a good way to kick off a morning at AK. We had ADRs for 9am, went for EMH at 8. Rode Everest, Dinosaur and KS all before we met with the Fab 5.

mrmcgiv
07-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

#1donaldfan
07-20-2010, 12:40 PM
The Tusker House's Donald's Safari Breakfast was and is great, however WCC has a great breakfast as well.....big choice, but no wrong answer !!! my kind of choice...!!:mickey:

Figment1988
07-20-2010, 08:12 PM
i would choose Tusker House's breakfast. aside from it's great food, the service is great.