PDA

View Full Version : Picnic in the park?

MKFD43
07-19-2010, 10:27 PM
As a cost saving method has anyone here ever packed a cooler with sandwiches for a lunch at any of the parks? And were you hasseled at the "security" bag search?

MKFD43
07-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Ok so I just read the Post that delt with "Inconsistancies". I guess that people can and do bring a picnic lunch into the parks. I had no idea that they brought huge rolling coolers. I never would have thought that would be allowed. That would be a total pain in the rear. I was thinking more along the lines of something that could hold 4 or 5 sandwiches.. not a party on wheels cooler.... thats nuts.

12 MORE DAYS TILL WE ARE THERE!!!!!!!!!!:party:

WDWdriver
07-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Yes, you can bring in your own food. Hopefully, you will use some discretion and not try to bring in a cooler on wheels or take up seating space in food service areas. If you use common sense and have a nice quiet picnic on a bench no one will bother you.

NewDVCowner
07-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Also, I think hard sided coolers, in general, are not allowed in. A soft sided one shouldn't be a problem.

Remember if you're doing that to not put any mayo on your sandwiches. You don't want to save money but then end up with food poisoning!