PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland/GCV

Tigger&Stitch
07-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi all - have any of you been waitlisted for the villas? We planned a last minute trip for the end of August, and apparently the studios and 1 bedrooms are full!

We will wait it out until the 31 day mark (just a couple more days), but need to figure out a back-up plan. Any suggestions/recommendations for either of the other hotels (Disneyland vs Paradise Pier)?

DVC2004
07-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Haven't made ressies at GCVs yet- but they are very small in number so I am not surprised about the waitlist. If I had to pick between the other 2 hotels I would go with Disneyland Hotel. We stayed there a few times and it was very nice- great Neverland-themed pool area. The rooms were large and had great Disney touches. It's a little walk from the parks but not bad- and our building ( I forget which one) faced Disneyland and we saw the fireworks from our room. PP has a rooftop pool and honestly from pictures it has never appealed to me. Go with the classic!

I would call MS and check availability at the 2 hotels- explain your situation with the waitlist. They can tell you if the hotels are in danger of being booked or if there looks like good availability. August is busy there so I would check now. Good luck! I hope your wailist comes through though because GC is a wonderful resort! It's our favorite of the 3.