PDA

View Full Version : Need Poly Tips!!!

Flower
07-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Which is your favourite building at Poly and why?

I have a gardenview room with balcony booked, but on the Disney website it says it may include a parking lot view - and I really don't want that with my first Polynesian experience! I am not looking for an upgrade, I am just looking for something tranquil and more appealing than a parking lot view.

Also, what buildings as far as ammenities do you prefer and why? :tikki:

IloveDisney71
07-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I think when I booked a couple of years ago we just had the garden view and we ended up in the Tokelau building. We didn't request a particular building. Our room actually faced a quiet pool. We were not the far from the main building. We loved our location because it was just a short walk to the TTC so we could hop on the monorail to Epcot without having to ride the resort monorail all the way around and then make a transfer at the TTC from the resort monorail to the Epcot monorail.
If I stayed at the Poly, I'd ask to stay in this building again.
You'll love the Poly. It's a beutiful resort. Try the tonga toast for b-fast and a dole whip for dessert or a snack one day. The lapu lapu is a wonderful, adult beverage. ;)
You can see wishes from the beach and the electric water pageant at night around the same time as the fireworks...ask at the front desk for times.

cajundisneyfreak
07-19-2010, 08:40 PM
We were in the Samoa building.Our 1st floor patio faced the volcano pool.Great location.:mickey:

PetefromRI
07-19-2010, 09:02 PM
I think when I booked a couple of years ago we just had the garden view and we ended up in the Tokelau building. We didn't request a particular building. Our room actually faced a quiet pool. We were not the far from the main building. We loved our location because it was just a short walk to the TTC so we could hop on the monorail to Epcot without having to ride the resort monorail all the way around and then make a transfer at the TTC from the resort monorail to the Epcot monorail.
If I stayed at the Poly, I'd ask to stay in this building again.
You'll love the Poly. It's a beutiful resort. Try the tonga toast for b-fast and a dole whip for dessert or a snack one day. The lapu lapu is a wonderful, adult beverage. ;)
You can see wishes from the beach and the electric water pageant at night around the same time as the fireworks...ask at the front desk for times.
Ditto on everything said here.We love Tokelau and will request it everytime.We asked for a quietpool view and pretty much got it.Tokelau is also one of three bldgs. with the largest rooms also.All for a garden view price!

Flower
07-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks, and keep the posts coming!

After I posted this originally I started to look at the resort map and the only 2 buildings I wrote down were Samoa & Tokelau!!

What are some of your favourite Poly resort things they offer for kids? Do they still do the butterfly release?

We are looking at one night at the Neverland Club for our boys (ages 4 & 6).

minnie-mouse
07-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Poly is great for kids. The zero entry volcano pool is awesome. They always have pool side activities for kids in the afternoons as well (ex. bingo and you can win prizes), the arcade is lots of fun, also renting the bike family surrey bikes is great too. My girls were that age when we just went and they loved just playing in the sand on the beach. Don't forget to watch the electric water parade evrey night from the beach. The tiki torch lighting is fun to watch in the evenings and they also did hula lessons in the lobby when we were there in April.

With children that age I recommend requesting a building close to the pools and Great ceremonial house, that way you are a short walk to the pool, shops, monorail, dock, etc. All garden view rooms are beautiful, even if you are facing the direction of the parking lot - there is so much lush foliage and landscaping that you still have a beautiful view out your balcony.

Have a great trip! Poly is awesome!

mickeefan
07-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Another vote for Samoa. On one side is the quiet pool and on the other is the volcano pool. You are close to the GCH and Capt. Cooks. Just remember the second floor does not have balconies.

KarenP
07-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Samoa and Tokelau are my faves too!