PDA

View Full Version : mmvmcp crowded dec 3rd or 9th

Mushu11756
07-19-2010, 06:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone would know which day MMVMCP would be less crowded? December 9th has free dining that week as December 3rd does not so I was thinking the parks would be busier during the free dining week? Thanks for any help!

PopPhan
07-19-2010, 09:53 PM
December 3 is the Friday of the Parade-taping weekend so will probably be quite busy. December 9 is a Thursday in a slow period - with or without 'free dining.'

I would actually suggest you go December 9 if you want smaller crowds.

SurferStitch
07-19-2010, 10:39 PM
We went Sunday, 12/6/09, and had moderate to large crowds.

It wasn't sold out, but it was quite busy. Ride lines weren't bad, except for Peter Pan. Even at midnight the line was still about 45 minutes long!

Character lines were long. We didn't do many character pics at all. We did luck out and get to see Tink and friends right at 7:00 pm, and only had to wait about 15 minutes total.

You will be better off doing the party on 12/9, but don't expect small crowds. It will be busy, but SO MUCH FUN!!! We also found that the crowds really didn't thin out much all night. It stayed busy till the end.

We also did the Wishes Dessert Party that night, and had the best table there...the furthest forward you could get. What a great way to enjoy dessert and watch the castle twinkle. But, a few minutes before the fireworks started, we all headed to the railing to watch. For once I didn't have a single head or balloon in front of me!! Tink literally flew directly over our heads...:cloud9:.

Mushu11756
07-19-2010, 11:47 PM
December 3 is the Friday of the Parade-taping weekend so will probably be quite busy. December 9 is a Thursday in a slow period - with or without 'free dining.'

I would actually suggest you go December 9 if you want smaller crowds.

Just curios how did you find out that December 3rd is the taping of the parade

DisneyPrincess21
07-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Just curios how did you find out that December 3rd is the taping of the parade

If they keep with the same formula as last year, the first weekend in December,then it would be falling on the weekend of 12/04. :santa3:

Mushu11756
07-20-2010, 07:17 AM
I googled the info and found out they will be taping the parade on Saturday and the singing part on thur. fri and sun. My husband thinks that the people that are there all day will leave and not stick around for the party so I was wondering what everyone else thinks?

tcswife
07-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Don't count on people leaving, because the people that are there for the parade taping get in for free, so only makes since that they would stay for the party since that is all they have to pay for!!! We were there for parade taping last year and it was very busy......as well as for 2 parties and even with rain and chilly temps it was still very crowded:mickey:

Mushu11756
07-21-2010, 12:34 AM
The parade isn't being taped Friday which is when we are going is it still gonna be super packed ? How do they get in for free I wanna get in free?

SurferStitch
07-21-2010, 09:17 AM
If it's a Friday night the part will be pretty full, if not sold out. Even though it's early December, Friday nights do sell out sometimes. Heck, we even went on a Thursday in early December (2006) and it was sold out.

I really would try to stick to 9th if you can, but you'll still have a great time on the 3rd, too.

tcswife
07-21-2010, 09:37 AM
I received an email last fall from active offering tickets for the taping of the parade. With those tickets you are granted entrance into the park and a special spot for viewing the parade, plus you are allowed to stay in the park for as long as you would like until closing.:mickey:

Darbylew
07-21-2010, 09:54 AM
I would stick to Dec 9 date for MVMCP. I would
think it would be less crowded. I think the
closer you get to Christmas the more crowded
it will be. Have a great time. I have been to
the party many times and I love it. Don't forget
the lights at DS. :thumbsup:

renecat
07-21-2010, 12:12 PM
I would stay away from Fri. & Sat. We have gone the first week in Dec. several times and the weekends are alway very crowded.

DDuck66
07-21-2010, 02:42 PM
For what it is worth, the closer it gets to Christmas the busier and more crowded it has been. We went on the week of the ninth of Dec and it was pretty busy with long lines and on December 16th it was packed. Just get a plan and have fun!! It is a great time to be at the World regardless!

Gator
07-21-2010, 02:52 PM
The in-between holiday season is busy regardless of which day you go. Apparently it was a well kept secret for a long time, but that was NOT the case when I went in 2006 and 2008. Heavy crowds were the norm - especially at Epcot for the CP and Illuminations.

Mushu11756
07-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Thank you everyone! We went in September 2009 and that was suppose to be the slowest time of the year and it seemed more crowded than when we were there during presidents week. I'm starting to think anytime you go is busy or my perception of slow is way off:confused:. We are looking to go Dec 3rd so we don't have to buy a park ticket just a christmas party ticket

r4kids
07-21-2010, 07:35 PM
We are hitting the MVMCP Nov 30th in hopes it won't be too crowded :crowd: We are arriving the 28th - Dec 5th and avoiding MK on the 2nd (Thu) - 5th(Sun) only due to crowds coming in. We will go to MK the 1st. We are crossing our fingers and hoping for the best :mickey: