PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP Nov 12th with a 4 Year Old??

Goes4FastPass
07-19-2010, 06:10 PM
My grandson turned 4. At his birthday party where he lives he was told he is now 4 “…and your next birthday you’ll be 5…”. A week later he and his parents visited us in Charlotte and we went to my parent’s (his great-grandparent’s) home and had another cake. We called it an “extra birthday party”. After he blew out the candles, he looked around the room and asked, “Am FIVE now?”

So he’s newly 4 and loves going to Disney World. He doesn’t know it yet but he’s going there again in November.

In checking the park calendars and thinking about dining, it turns out our arrival day, Friday November 12 there’s a Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Scheduled at the Magic Kingdom. (!) Folks, that less than 2 weeks after Halloween and 2 weeks before Thanksgiving!

If we were to go, what do we tell this kid who just turned 4 the event is, “Merry Christmas PREview…?

I personally am a “Christmas Person”. I’d go see the March of Wooden Soldiers every December if I lived near Orlando.

And I assume some of you will near flame me back with, “Christmas is wonderful every day of the year”

And I’m all for “Christmas in July “

But Christmas November 12th…?

Pirate Granny
07-19-2010, 07:50 PM
It would be a shame to miss those soldiers...any time of year...they are my favorite part.