PDA

View Full Version : Tips for the Contemporary

TiggerFan13
07-19-2010, 04:58 PM
We will be leaving for WDW at the end of Aug and will be staying at the Contemporary. This is the first time my family and I will be staying there and we were wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what room we should request at check-in. We are staying in the Tower with a Bay Lake view. Aslo, has anyone had any luck asking about upgrades here.:mickey:

Jimenyfan
07-19-2010, 05:29 PM
We will be leaving saturday for our trip and we are staying at the Contemporary, tower room, magic kingdom view. Will be happy to post more info when we get back.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-19-2010, 05:43 PM
I just returned from the Contemporary, and I don't think that there is a bad room anywhere inside the tower. Some people prefer a room on the opposite side of the building from the Chef Mickey's side, but I think the noise from the boats honking their horns was louder than the noise from Chef Mickey's. I can't think of a single reason to request one room over another, they are all so similar in their perks.

We booked a MK View room for our stay, but arrived a day early. When we called CRO from the Florida Turnpike, I explained to the CM that I didn't want to spend full price for a MK room when we were booked 40% off the next day. She said she would book us for a garden room and place a note on the reservation asking the check-in CM to upgrade us to a tower room for free. We did not get the upgrade for free, they required us to pay for it.

Goofy Fan
07-20-2010, 02:59 AM
Stayed at the Contemporary on a couple of occasions and loved it each time! :thumbsup:

When we booked our room last time, the agent told us to request a room higher up on the tower due to the noise from the lobby(Chef Mickey's) and the monorail coming through. We ended up being around the middle and we didn't really notice any noise. I suppose it could be different if you were right above the monorail level or so forth, but I'm sure it won't impact your stay that much.

A neat perk is the Electrical Water Pageant each night on the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. I forget what time it comes through(I'm thinking 9:30-10pm), but it was very convenient to go out on the balcony and watch it from the room.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

TiggerFan13
07-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Thank you everyone for all the tips. I am really looking forward to checking them out in 36 days, 11 hours and 58 minutes.