PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Customized Shirts

azcavalier
07-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Have any of you ever made shirts specifically for your WDW trips? What have you done?

cajundisneyfreak
07-19-2010, 04:29 PM
We had a big group in 2009.We had shirts made.They were green with our grand gathering name"Crazy Cajuns Disney 2009" on them.We had a picture of the castle with our own characters standing in front of the castle.It was an alligator,crawfish,turtle,and a crab wearing mickey ears.The two on the end were holding balloons.They were really cute and we got alot of comments.:mickey:

T-Belle
07-19-2010, 04:36 PM
My DD had some made for her and her boyfriend a few years ago. While they weren't matching they were coordinated. They wore different ones everyday. The one's that were the biggest hit was when he wore the shirt with "Shang" and she wore "Mulan". The CM's in China loved them and made the biggest fuss over them! It was a very cute idea!!

NewDVCowner
07-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Your subject line said 'home made' rather than professionally done so I'll tell you what I did. At craft stores they sell a product (and I can't for the life of me remember what it is, but it's in a lime green package) that you can print on from a regular computer printer and then iron onto clothing. I search the internet for images, print them out and iron them onto a shirt. I just made a couple for a trip to Disneyland in August. Just remember to read the directions. It's very important to have the parchment paper over the image before you iron it. It will make a huge mess!

azcavalier
07-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Your subject line said 'home made' rather than professionally done so I'll tell you what I did. At craft stores they sell a product (and I can't for the life of me remember what it is, but it's in a lime green package) that you can print on from a regular computer printer and then iron onto clothing. I search the internet for images, print them out and iron them onto a shirt. I just made a couple for a trip to Disneyland in August. Just remember to read the directions. It's very important to have the parchment paper over the image before you iron it. It will make a huge mess!

Actually, this is pretty similar to what we want to do. But we want the designs to be like the T-shirts you see at other amusement parks. You know, the "I Survived the Diamondback" or "I Survived the King Cobra". Except we're going to put our favorite tame rides on there. Mine is going to be "I Survived Spaceship Earth!" with a picture of the ball on the shirt. My son's is "I Survived It's A Small World!". Not sure what picture we're going to put on there. I'm also going to work with a friend who is a graphic artist to help me with the design.

Other ideas:

I Survived The Tomorrowland Transit Authority
I Survived The Hall of Presidents
I Survived The Country Bears Jamboree
I Survived Living With The Land
I Survived Maelstrom

NewDVCowner
07-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Actually, this is pretty similar to what we want to do. But we want the designs to be like the T-shirts you see at other amusement parks. You know, the "I Survived the Diamondback" or "I Survived the King Cobra". Except we're going to put our favorite tame rides on there. Mine is going to be "I Survived Spaceship Earth!" with a picture of the ball on the shirt. My son's is "I Survived It's A Small World!". Not sure what picture we're going to put on there. I'm also going to work with a friend who is a graphic artist to help me with the design.

Other ideas:

I Survived The Tomorrowland Transit Authority
I Survived The Hall of Presidents
I Survived The Country Bears Jamboree
I Survived Living With The Land
I Survived Maelstrom

OMG! That's too cute! I may just need to borrow your idea for my trip in December. :cool:

BrerGnat
07-19-2010, 09:44 PM
I survived the Hall of Presidents :funny::funny::funny:

TOO funny!

azcavalier
07-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Oh yeah...I knew I forgot one.

I Survived The Carousel of Progress

yjgirl32
07-20-2010, 09:35 AM
We too did shirts- but for special accassions when we were there. I made anniversary shirts for our group and happy birthday shirts. We also went to see the dolphins and penguins at another park and made special shirts for there too. This year we are making them for our trip. This helped us stay together too. Good luck.

ps love the I survived shirt idea.

magicalmom
07-21-2010, 01:06 PM
For our 25th anniversary - I found 2 shirts at the Disney Store that showed Mickey at Minnie's door, holding his hat in one hand and offering her a bouquet of flowers in the other.

With fabric paint markers, I turned the hat into a top hat. I glued a little veil to Minnie's head, and a rhinestone to her finger. I ironed on the words 25th anniversary (printed from the computer) and went over the letters with silver paint. The shirts turned out well, and DH wore his on the day (never since b/c he thinks they're kind of girly)

We received a number of compliments on them. :mickey:

mama2six
07-21-2010, 06:35 PM
I made a couple of shirts for myself for our upcoming trip. My husband is deploying for a year and I thought it would be cute for pictures.

I made one with a tiara and dogtags that says "Who needs Prince Charming when you are in love with a Soldier!" and the 2nd one has combat boots and says "My Prince Charming wears Combat Boots"

I uploaded them to vista print and paid about $6 a shirt and had a free ship coupon. They came today and other than the fact that I wish I would have ordered large and not x-large, they are perfect.

Ksmith75
07-21-2010, 08:13 PM
On our spring 2009 trip, we had shirts made, that said "Smith Family Vacation 2009" - one had a pirate theme and one had an alien. Our family vacation was only DH and I - but we had seen people over the last couple of years with shirts and wanted in on the fun. All cast members and other guests thought that we were part of a large party. One guy on the bus back to our resort asked with a giggle "So how many in the Smith Family Vacation, or is it only the two of you?" - we told him it was just us...he thought it was great. We didnt do them on our trip in April/may - but may for our 2011 trip.

azcavalier
07-21-2010, 10:05 PM
I uploaded them to vista print and paid about $6 a shirt and had a free ship coupon. They came today and other than the fact that I wish I would have ordered large and not x-large, they are perfect.

I didn't know about this. I was thinking about using and inkjet printer and iron-on paper, but I think that this will be better.

NewDVCowner
07-22-2010, 12:02 PM

Could you send me a private message with this link? I'd like to look into it.

Thanks!