PDA

View Full Version : Bringing the In-laws, and counting down the days.

azcavalier
07-19-2010, 03:42 PM
So, this year, my DW's entire family is joining us on our annual sojourn to The World. Her parents have been a few times, and her sister used to be a Cast Member at the now defunct PI.

However, my DBIL and his family have never been, and they have four girls (12,10,6,4). To tell them that we are taking them to WDW with us, my DW sent them a little package that consisted of a WDW Planning DVD, the Complete Walt Disney World, and the Birnbaum's Walt Disney World for Kids. We Skyped them and watched them open it live as my wife broke the news to them. Their excitement inspired her to do more.

So, my DW has been sending them packages to keep them excited (though I don't think that they need packages for that). She has various intervals marked on the calendar:

For "100 days to go" we sent them a CD with a ten hour Disney music playlist on it (compilation from the movies and park soundtracks).

For 75 days (which is today), she sent them the Finding Nemo: The Musical soundtrack, along with John Pinette's stand-up routine about DisneyWorld, and a "To Pack" list.

For 50 days, she's sending them the book "Kingdom Keepers".

For 25 days, she's sending them pin lanyards and home-made coupons each redeemable for 25 pins (that we already have). Of course, since she is planning to take at least 300 pins, I have a feeling they'll each wind up with more than 25 before the week is over.

For 10 days she's sending them window crayons to vandalize their minivan for the trip.

It's been a lot of fun to watch them open the packages on Skype. We can't wait see them in the lobby of POR on October 2nd!

Seasonscraps
07-19-2010, 03:57 PM
That is so fantastic! I LOVE how your DW is making this an even more exciting trip for your nieces. :D

faline
07-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Sounds like you'll be making this one happy and special family vacation!

vizsla
07-20-2010, 05:15 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

LVT
07-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed your enjoyment.

iheartdisney
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks for sharing your excitement of their excitement. And such wonderful ideas for all of us to share with our families! Thanks and have a magical trip!

pdrlkr
07-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink: