PDA

View Full Version : Segway here I come! tell me about it!

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2010, 07:05 PM
DD Katie and I are doing Segway around the World in 2 wks. I'm both nervous and excited. Has anyone done this and can tell us all about it?

SorcererJim
07-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Just got back from our trip and the wife and I did the tour... it was fabulous! You start off going to Guest Relations and wait for the "guide"..who will bring you over to the Segway section in innoventions where you will spend a little less than an hour watching a brief "film"...then spending some time getting to know your segway how to get on, get off, go up hill, downhill,etc... after that it's off to world showcase for zipping around the different countries. I think we started in China and the worked our way around clockwise stopping in different spot a long the way. We also got some time to "free ride" and take pictures in the little nook in front of Italy... it was great! you will have a blast!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-18-2010, 09:28 PM
When they say relax-RELAX! I tensed up and the thing started swinging back & forth. I loosened up and was fine. I only did the short little test drive but it was fun and so easy to do once I relaxed.

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2010, 09:40 PM
When they say relax-RELAX! I tensed up and the thing started swinging back & forth. I loosened up and was fine. I only did the short little test drive but it was fun and so easy to do once I relaxed.

Ok, thats good advice, I can feel myself getting tense about it already, so I will do my best to relax.

Humphrey
07-19-2010, 12:00 PM
You have to relax and give up control to the Segway. It will balance you. If you try to control the balance, the Segway says "Nope" and starts to vibrate to make you get off. This incredible machine has 5 gyros built in, they sense your center of gravity and balance you. Even when you lean forward or backward, they balance you better than you could do it yourself. As they say, "Relax and enjoy the ride." I own one and love it.

faline
07-19-2010, 12:23 PM
It was loads of fun! I was nervous that I wouldn't be well coordinated enough but I actually did better than my husband! I'd do it again in a hearbeat!

brownie
07-20-2010, 08:09 PM

Ok, thats good advice, I can feel myself getting tense about it already, so I will do my best to relax.

One of the colleges I did some work at had a Segway that they let me take for a test drive. I was told that just about everyone makes the Segway rock back and forth the first time they step on it. What's amazing is that once you get past that, you can step off and back on and it doesn't happen again.