PDA

View Full Version : Free Wi-fi?

plutosnana
07-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Does WDW offer any free wi-fi?

:goofy:

Tekneek
07-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Supposedly there is free wifi in Innoventions East. I will try to remember to check when I am there at the end of the month.

It is certainly a perfect thing to offer in a place that was originally known as Communicore.

DizneyRox
07-18-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm unaware of that, however all other Disney sanctioned WiFi is NOT free. You may be able to pick up a few hotspots of people sharing out their room connections, etc, but I wouldn't rely on those, or trust them...

Tekneek
07-18-2010, 12:49 PM
...but I wouldn't rely on those, or trust them...

That is the bigger point. As a computer security professional, I would wager that any free wifi even in the vicinity of WDW has some bad guys sitting on it. It would also be important to know that SSL (HTTPS), by itself, is no longer an assurance of protection in all cases. It has been demonstrated that a man-in-the-middle attack, potentially imperceptible to the victim, can take place even with SSL connections these days. Don't use it for anything valuable.

BrerGnat
07-18-2010, 01:34 PM
There is most definitely FREE (as in, WDW hosted and paid for) Wi-Fi in the lobby of the Beach and Yacht Club Resorts. I know, because I used it on my iPod touch and netbook back in April. The signal extends out to Stormalong Bay as well.

As mentioned, this should not be used to conduct sensitive or financial transactions. But, I used it to check email, Facebook, and look up theme park and dining info online.

plutosnana
07-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Do u think they may have free internet in some of the non disney hotels/condos yet their on WDW property??

Figment1988
07-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Supposedly there is free wifi in Innoventions East. I will try to remember to check when I am there at the end of the month.

It is certainly a perfect thing to offer in a place that was originally known as Communicore.

it's actually in Innoventions West (especially near the IBM exhibit)

Tekneek
07-25-2010, 06:26 AM
it's actually in Innoventions West (especially near the IBM exhibit)

Ah, thanks. I will try to give myself a reminder to check that. I should be in Future World in about 27-28 hours. :)

plutosnana
07-25-2010, 06:28 PM
I should be in Future World in about 27-28 hours. :)

Lucky!

TheRustyScupper
07-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Does WDW offer any free wi-fi?

:sorry:

jnfr2424
08-04-2010, 06:08 AM
Do u think they may have free internet in some of the non disney hotels/condos yet their on WDW property??

If you are staying at the Swan or Dolphin wi fi is included in the $10 daily resort fee

Imagineer1981
08-05-2010, 04:38 PM
don't think it will be free until more guest complain. WiFi is starting to become more important every day and guests are starting to bring their ipads, laptops, etc on vacation and Disney will have to start offering WiFi to their guest soon, at least their Resort guests

Ian
08-06-2010, 08:13 AM
I doubt DIsney will ever offer free WiFi ... they most certainly don't have to.

Disney has continued to raise prices even in the face of one of the harshest down economies this country has ever known. They will explore every revenue stream, exploit any opportunity for dollars, and cash in wherever and whenever they can.

Bear in mind, too, that very few resort destinations offer free Internet service to guests. Any business hotel or hotel located in a desirable location almost definitely charges a fee for Internet. It may be buried somewhere in a general "Resort Fee" or something, but free WiFi and free Internet is not particularly prevalent in hotels in general.