PDA

View Full Version : Oh PPH, how I love thee...

maizey05
07-18-2010, 01:56 AM
At the present moment, my family and I are staying at a fairly higher end hotel, during a weekend getaway. I am running on about 8 hours of sleep total, from our 2 nights of staying here. This stay is very typical of our evenings in other hotels. The noise from neighboring rooms, the constant metalic clang of doors, drunkards coming in late from wedding receptions etc. etc. etc. It is at times like this, when I really appreciate PPH. My family has stayed there twice in over the last 2 years. We stayed once, during peak season, as well as during major construction, from sun up to sundown, of the DVC villas at GCH. We have never, yes, NEVER, encountered any sort of issue with noise or disturbance at any time at PPH. I don't know if it's the construction of the hotel itself, or Disney magic, but it works, whatever it is. I am sooo very tired now, and am ready to go home tomorrow. Thank you PPH, for always providing me with a good night's sleep, and a comfortable room!

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
07-19-2010, 03:41 AM
Have stayed there many times while they were building DCA (and before).

One of my favorite Disney hotels in the U.S.A.

NotaGeek
07-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Have stayed there many times while they were building DCA (and before).

One of my favorite Disney hotels in the U.S.A.
I absolutely agree -- this hotel gets a strange amount of flak for being "too far away" -- I think its wonderfully located when you take advantage of the GC entrances -- and the rooms are HUGE!

BrerGnat
07-19-2010, 12:52 PM
I like PPH for what it is. It doesn't try to be more than a "hotel" and that's just fine (i.e., it's not called Paradise Pier RESORT). I love the price tag!!! And, yeah, the rooms ARE huge. I especially love the Cabana rooms, poolside. :thumbsup:

eeyorepoohfan
07-22-2010, 06:53 PM
I agree about PPH! It's fantastic! I stayed there with my sisters and it is such a comfortable and quiet hotel. We had a theme park view, upper level and couldn't hear anything! The only reason I had trouble sleeping was because my oldest sister snores!:blush:

faline
07-22-2010, 06:58 PM
We actually chose to stay here rather than at the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian.

RedSoxFan
07-27-2010, 10:14 AM
We stayed there right after the renovations and loved it. We are a family of 6 and we had a wonderful suite. I didn't think the walk to the parks was bad at all.

Melanie
07-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Love, love PPH! I'd stay there over GCH as well.