PDA

View Full Version : Just back Saturday 7/17

MarkC
07-17-2010, 08:41 PM
We just got home today-- 1st ever trip with no kids. Just my wife Karen and me, both about 50.

1) Flew on Delta and except for a storm delaying our arrival about 90 minutes everything was fine. Planes were full. I did find out Delta has been recycling their trash for 3 years and the money goes to fund their Habitat for Humanity program, so kudos to them.

2) Used some Hertz points from my business travels and ended up with a 2010 Ford Mustang. It was really pretty quiet and smooth. I liked it but it did not fit my 6'4" frame very well.

3) Stayed at Beach Club Villas, which we still love. A highlight was having my cousin who lives in Orlando bring out her 6 and 5 year old girls. After raising two boys, these girls are adorable and had a blast. Only a rain storm made them quit after 4 hours, which was fine because they exhausted me.

4) Random stuff-- I wear a pedometer to track steps for a wellness plan for work. In the 3 days at the parks I walked 23,640; 24,792; and 21,586 steps, about 11-12 miles per day. That doesn't include losing a couple of thousand per day while at the pool. Also, we used Frog Toggs to help beat the heat and they worked great. Some people asked about them. They are basically a rubbery chamois-- put a little water on them and put it on the back of your neck and it absorbs your sweat and keeps you cool. I was skeptical but now would heartily recommend them if you are traveling to WDW in summer, or for kids games, etc..

5) Lows from the trip-- very few. The worst was that the parks were packed, as much as I've ever seen them in about 20 trips. Lots and lots of tour groups from Brasil and everywhere. I will stress that I saw absolutely zero issues with these kids, or anyone for that matter. Its just that all these people made the lines quite long. The other problem was that we tried to ride TSM twice and it was down both times. Oh well-- next time.

6) Highs from the trip-- lots. Will post in part 2.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Sounds like a good trip, I can't wait to hear more details.

vizsla
07-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the report.

Darbylew
07-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks for shaing your trip report. It sounds
like you had a fun time and walked a lot!!! We
are going back in October. Hope the crowds
aren't as bad then. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2010, 11:02 AM
We're on our way soon. Not happy to hear about the crowds!

faline
07-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Crowds are certainly to be expected at this time of year. Sounds like it was a really fun trip!

KylesMom
07-18-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm glad to hear that you and DW had a great trip - with the exception of the crowds, of course. We're planning on really taking advantage of FPs when we arrive next week.

I plan on wearing my pedometer from our "shape up" thing at work to see what kind of steps I come up with! It's pretty wild when you see those numbers in print! :mickey:

Thanks for sharing!

DizNee143
07-19-2010, 08:37 AM
sounds great so far..off to read the second part! :mickey:

yjgirl32
07-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
07-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DisneyorBust
07-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the trip report, sounds like the start of a great vacation!

Michelle15
07-23-2010, 04:23 PM
oh man I don't like to hear when rides are down especially the newer ones. But sounds like you had an awesome time without kids:D