PDA

View Full Version : Alternate entry pass?

DizneyDoug
07-17-2010, 02:51 PM
A friend of mine told me that when they were there last week that they met a family with an alternate entry pass that got them onto all rides like a fastpass. I've never heard of this before, does anyone know what it is and how it works?

faline
07-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Did the family they were talking with include a member with a disability? I'm thinking they may have had received a pass for those with disabilities. If an individual in their party is unable to tolerate standing in, or walking through, regular ride lines, the pass allows them, and their party to bypass the regular lines.

Rekenna
07-17-2010, 08:41 PM
I know they have the GAC-Guest Assistance Cards that allow people with special needs to use alternative entrances or handicap entrances onto attractions. Sometimes it is people who have mobility issues and may be in a wheelchair, or it could be children with sensory issues such as children with autism who appear "normal" but, may have great difficulty standing in line, the noise, smell or all the people in line, etc. My DS2 is autistic, we haven't had to request a GAC b/c he is still a little guy and is okay with waiting in line for short periods of time.:mickey:

There are multiple reasons why someone may need a GAC.