PDA

View Full Version : Renovations at OKW

Ocean Girl 7
07-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Can anyone tell me which buildings have already been renovated at OKW? We will be staying there for the first time in 2 weeks. Any pictures would be great too!! Thanks!

dlpmikki
07-18-2010, 08:43 AM
I am not sure which ones have been done but believe they are starting with South point and Turtle Pond before going near the ones by Hospitality House.

CanadianWDWFan
07-18-2010, 10:35 AM
We stayed in Building 30 at the end on May in room 3014 and it was refurbed. It is by Turtle Pond pool to confirm what Mikki said. When we checked in we were told that they were just completed the week before we checked in. There was construction going on in building 32 and 33. I see if I can get some pictures posted for you in the next day or two.

Oh and :welcome: to INTERCOT!

gwfx1031
07-20-2010, 12:43 PM
All Ears website has some photos of the refurb posted. Looks great!

rkwctw
07-25-2010, 09:38 AM
We will be there for one night in Nov, which will be our first time there. I do not remember what building we are in, but it is near the Hospitality House.

TheDuckRocks
07-25-2010, 11:48 AM
We will be there for one night in Nov, which will be our first time there. I do not remember what building we are in, but it is near the Hospitality House.

This far out how do you know which building you will be in? We are going in Nov. also and I don't have a clue as to our room location.

Dsnygirl
07-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Just looked at the pics on AllEars... and I have to confess, I'm not crazy about them. At all. :( The older rooms definitely needed help, but the color and themeing was so caribbean -- you could just feel Key West in the look of the place. Now? The bedroom just looks like any other hotel room... with icky comforters. CBR's are even better, color-wise! And they've made the common areas too bland... granted, the granite countertops and flat-screen are nice, but everything else still looks dated, as far as the design on the sofas and chair, and the colors don't have that welcoming caribbean feel anymore. :( Makes me sad, as OKW was always the resort I wanted for whenever we (finally) do DVC. Now I think I'm headed to BWV...

I'd love to hear from some people who stayed in a rennovated room -- maybe they're all a bit different and the pics at AllEars aren't representative of how the rooms really look/feel now?? (keeping fingers crossed here...)