PDA

View Full Version : Wait Listing for the first time

JPL
07-16-2010, 09:43 PM
I just booked my 3 night stay for December and they only had a studio available at Sartoga Springs available so I booked that and was put on the Wait List for Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I was wondering what the wait list success rate usually is?

DizneyRox
07-17-2010, 07:11 AM
I haven't done anything lately, but in years past (more crowded years) I have never had a problem. We usually do July, which is normally busier than December, with the exception of XMas week, so I'm not sure I would be all that worried.

AKL wasn't that busy, I'm wondering if they have the whole resort up and running yet. WL is a very small property and typically tougher to get into, but wev'e stayed there as well.

JPL
07-17-2010, 07:46 PM
I was actually surprised I always book for this time and usually have no problem getting a studio in the resort of my choice. What had me a little worried was even OKW was full.

wdw dude
07-18-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm on the wait list for Boardwalk and Beach Club for October. I'm keeping my :fingers:.
OKW is nice, but I really love being able to walk to Epcot.

:mickey:

Mrs.Mickey
07-23-2010, 10:05 PM
We were waitlisted for AKL 2 bedroom in the first week of October. We had to wait about 3 weeks but then it went through. It probably will work out! GOOD LUCK :thumbsup:

Mushu11756
07-24-2010, 10:46 PM
I just booked my 3 night stay for December and they only had a studio available at Sartoga Springs available so I booked that and was put on the Wait List for Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I was wondering what the wait list success rate usually is?

What 3 nights are you going? We are going Dec. 3rd to Dec. 5th and then coming back thurs. Dec 9th to the 12th. I found out they are recording the christmas parade stuff Dec. 2nd to the 5th.

VWL Mom
07-25-2010, 09:17 AM
We were on a waitlist for 6 months Aug 09 for a 2 bdrm at BWV and nothing came through. I called every few days and all resorts were full. At 6 days out I called and had my choice of resorts. Go figure.

This year I was waitlisted for Jersey week at BLT for about 3 months and had called at the 7 month mark. Nothing came through but I cancelled it anyway. After staying in June decided I didn't want to stay there for a full week.

LoriSan
07-31-2010, 06:52 PM
maybe I've been lucky, but I've waitlisted 3 times and gotten my preference all 3 times. In Jan and July 2010 for studio at BWV and this Nov for 2br value at AKLV for Jersey Week

MinnieMommie
08-01-2010, 11:37 AM
WL may not come through but I'd be surprised if you don't get into AKL. I've had good luck with waitlists there and there are so many rooms so I'm guessing AKL will come through. :mickey:

DonLefNY
08-01-2010, 06:26 PM
The waitlist has worked 2 out of 3 tries for me.

Mickey0535
08-06-2010, 10:58 AM
We've wait listed before and gotten what we needed. Just tried to book a 1BR and only got the 1st 4 nights at SS (check in 10/5, check out 10/9). No rooms, 1BR or studios, available anywhere for all of the next three nights. We'd be willing to switch resorts once but not twice during the week. We've been down in October a few times before and I don't recall having this much of a problem.

We are wait listed for a 1 BR at OKW and SS for the three nights. I'm not sure why you are limited to only wait listing at two resorts but you can only have two active wait listings at any one time. I guess I would have considered a wait list for a 1BR at any of the resorts one active wait list.

The post above where VWL Mom says that she was wait listed and called every few days and nothing was available and then at 6 days out, voila, she had her choice of resorts sounds kind of fishy. I'm assuming they have to make a certain number of rooms available to DVC members using their points. I would also assume that it would be a majority of the rooms at any given DVC resort. Would I be wrong about that?

Something about paying a non-refundable $95 fee to book a lesser "regular" Disney room for more points than a DVC 1BR just doesn't sit right with me.

Anyway, here's hoping one of our wait lists come through. Otherwise, we're sleeping in the car in one of the park parking lots. I guess we'd avoid parking fees that way :D.

Through the looking Glass
08-07-2010, 07:56 PM
We are wait listed too. Really amazed for late Oct. Is it really that busy down there that time of year. Two years ago stayed the same time and had a choice of any resort that we wanted. It's kinda confusing.:confused: We are trying to get AK or BW. Hope it comes through.

wdw dude
08-21-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm on the wait list for Boardwalk and Beach Club for October. I'm keeping my :fingers:.
OKW is nice, but I really love being able to walk to Epcot.

Boardwalk came through...just got my official notice!! :dance:

Food & Wine Festival...here I come! :bolt:

patandtwins
09-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Curious why so many people wait so long to book. All the above posters seem to be trying to book @ 2 months out. Why not book 7-11 months out? Are they last minute vacations?

tinkman
09-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Our home resort is OKW, but we couldn't get it at the 7-month window so we ended up at SS. We are waitlisted for OKW and Boardwalk, hopefully one of them opens up. Going the first week of December for 5 days after a 3-day cruise. Why did we wait? Well, our plans originally was to travel with another couple who are members at SS, so to be in the same resort, we waited till the 7-month window to get OKW for all of us, and there was nothing available. Then, the couple backed out a week ago, and we're stuck with SS. Believe me, this will not happen again. We may try to plan a trip for ourselves at the last minute, but will never be at the mercy of someone else. Nope. Our mistake was not booking our own resort at 11 months.

patandtwins
09-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Our home resort is OKW, but we couldn't get it at the 7-month window so we ended up at SS. We are waitlisted for OKW and Boardwalk, hopefully one of them opens up. Going the first week of December for 5 days after a 3-day cruise. Why did we wait? Well, our plans originally was to travel with another couple who are members at SS, so to be in the same resort, we waited till the 7-month window to get OKW for all of us, and there was nothing available. Then, the couple backed out a week ago, and we're stuck with SS. Believe me, this will not happen again. We may try to plan a trip for ourselves at the last minute, but will never be at the mercy of someone else. Nope. Our mistake was not booking our own resort at 11 months.

Ooohhh, sorry. You guys got burned. I hope OKW or BW opens up for you. Been in similar situation and I won't do it again either. We are doing a NCL cruise in April and want to get a studio for the night before the cruise. We are also traveling with another family who aren't DVC members. I am willing to book 2 studios for both our families. The 7 month window is 9/15 and I want to call first thing that morning (we are OKW, but want to stay at either AK, BC or BW- probably prefer BC). I told the other fam that I need to know if they want to do it ASAP, but haven't heard a word from them and if I don't by WED, I'll just book 1 studio. I think they are thinking the cruise is 7 months away, so no hurry. After reading all these posts about there being no availability and people being waitlisted, I want to book ASAP.

10-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Thought I would bump this up and see if anyone's wait list has come through.:nudge:

Sarahbug
10-06-2010, 02:22 PM
I made plans with my mom for a last minute trip to WDW and I am on two waitlists! I know I should plan ahead but it was a spur of the moment plan and I am so hoping my waitlist will come through. We are only trying to go to SSR or OKW.
The last waitlist I was on a few years ago came through so I am hoping to have that same luck!

10-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Well, we got a little upgrade calling. We are in a Tree House Villa for the last four days on our trip. Waitlist didn't come through. THV should be cool. If nothing else the kids will like it.