PDA

View Full Version : Free dining using a counter service instead of table service

jefftm
07-16-2010, 05:20 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever used their table service option for a counter service meal. I would think some people have done this maybe out of convenience or they did not want to stop what they were doing. I know for my family it is going to be a little different going to a sit down meal once a day. We usually do about 3 or 4 sit downs and then counter service. I myself question how much time I will be spending getting to and from the restaurant and the actual time it takes for a sit down plus the fact we are subject to the time of the reservation. Thanks Jeff

dyin tago
07-16-2010, 05:35 PM
hi,

wife and I have done that many times. we used a table service credit for a counter service meal and they gave us each a coupon for 2 extra snacks to use whenever we want.

was an awesome deal for us as we are the same as you not liking to have to rush for a reservation and maybe not being in the mood for what we have reserved.we also like to eat and go rather than spend an hour or 2 doing the dining thing.

1DisneyNut
07-16-2010, 06:33 PM
I have seen a number of posts about this and as dyin tago said, you can use TS for CS and usually get extra snack credits. I agree with what you are saying. I just can't understand how some make dinner reservations and then work the parks around them. Even more confusing to me are those that make dinner reservations and then just bounce around park hopping with no plan at all. I have to plan and make an itinerary for the park we will visit each day (we do one park per day and attack it). I planned the ADR's to coordinate with the park we will be in each day except for the day we go to AK we have a late reservation for the Spirit of Aloha show at the Poly. We got a pin code for free dining for our trip week after next and it is the first time we have tried the dining plan and I'm already anxious about the logistics and wasted time involved in making sure we are at the restaurant in time for our ADR's each day. That is with the ADR's for restaurants in the park we will be in each day too... I can't imagine having to swap parks or leave the park and go to a resort for dinner each day. I'm like you, I may end up canceling some of the ADR's and just doing CS. There is no way I will step out of a line for a ride or show to go meet an ADR time... we go to WDW for the rides and entertainment not to eat. :mickey:

akaDisneyDreamer
07-16-2010, 08:21 PM
I felt the same way on our first trip 2 years ago, not wanting to be tied to reservations to use our table service, but we found that we really enjoy the table service and relaxing for a while, not to mention there is some wonderful food being served in the restaurants there! We plan the meals around what parks we want to visit, and we usually like to do 2 parks each day. We like to spend the morning in one park and then take a break at the resort, after lunch, to swim or just to rest our feet, and then head back out for the evening. Planning table service meals is not a problem for us this way. Of course everyone does Disney differently! We like to go at a more relaxing pace rather than try to cram it all in. We definately make an itenerary, planning the things we want to repeat, and the new stuff we want to do. We know we aren't going to do everything there is to do at WDW in 7 days, but we also know we'll be back! Can't stay away! So just enjoy yourself; if you prefer counter service and taking the parks at a faster pace, then go for it! And I just realized that wasn't your question, but it looks like others have answered for you. I didn't know that you could use your table service for counter service and get extra snacks - that's good to know! :thumbsup:

Have a wonderful vacation! We are 26 days away! :mickey:

Jillirose
07-18-2010, 11:13 AM
We've never used a CS for TS, but I wish that we could use 2 CS for 1 TS!!