PDA

View Full Version : Universal In March?

MadisonvilleMouse239
07-16-2010, 01:05 PM
I know it's far away, but does anyone know how the crowds are at Universal during Mardi Gras? This year it falls during the second week in March. Are the temps warm enough for the water rides?
We wanted to go to Universal that week and surprise my son for his 7th birthday.:secret:
Any insight would be great.

NJGIRL
07-17-2010, 04:22 PM
I can't answer the Universal question since the last time I was in Orlando in March was before Universal was built, but I can take a stab at the weather question. When I was in Orlando in March we did not swim and wore long pants but didn't need a jacket. I think March is one of those months that can go either way.

BayouTink
07-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Being from New Orleans...I've been told by many that have gone during Mardi Gras that the crowds aren't too bad. I am hoping to book Disney for Mardi Gras for the first time in 2011. I would suspect that the crowds at Universal would be about the same or less. Interestingly enough, in 2009 I was at Disney for July 4th and it was so packed you could barely move. This year for July 4th I was at Universal with my family and was surprised at how light the crowds were. No longer than a 20 minute wait on anything other than Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. My eight year son was able to some of the better rides like Spiderman, The Mummy, HP, I think he would have made it on Dragon Challenge, but opted out and he was too short for the Hulk. Needless to say, he had a great time anyway.

eandrsmom
07-25-2010, 07:44 PM
We've been in late Feb., and are planning to go this Mardi Gras. As far as weather goes, it's all over the place. We've gone swimming in the heated pools one day, then had to wear jeans and a light jacket the next day. (A cold front came through overnight.) When we go during Mardi Gras, we find it to be busy, but not packed. There are people from Louisiana as well as Rio, who are there. We always run into people from home, which is kind of neat. I haven't been to Universal in many years, but when we went, it wasn't very busy on the weekdays Mardi Gras week. I don't know if this will still hold true, since Harry Potter is now open, and is the hottest attraction in town.