PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering.....

Simba 1
07-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Does Disney set aside ADRs for cash paying customers versus those on the dining plan? In other words, could there be no more ADRs at a given place / time for guests on DDP, but available ADRs or walk up seating for those paying cash? Anybody know?

KAT1811
07-15-2010, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't think that they would hold back ADRs for any reason. We never get the DDP and always have ADRs. On our last trip my mother and I tried to do a last minute dinner one night in Epcot and were unable to get a walk up table. (DH and my father took the kids back to the resort) I would think that the only luck of a table opening in a "booked" restaurant would be if someone didn't show up.

EllieMae
07-15-2010, 10:46 PM
If I can remember correctly they don't ask if you are using the DDP when you make the ADR, but I could be wrong.

Disney4us2
07-15-2010, 11:16 PM
I made my ADR's for our Dec trip at the 180 day mark. At that time I was not even sure if we were going. I didn't have a reservation number... nothing.

I was able to do all the ADR's for our trip. Nothing was asked. I did most online and one was a call in. No questions were asked with the call in. They didn't know if I was on the DDP/Cash /free dining etc. They (the online system) just makes the ADR.

I think when all the adr time slots are taken... that's it. No difference whether you are OOP or on the DDP.

Have a great trip.

KylesMom
07-16-2010, 12:36 AM
I agree with the previous posts - we've never done the dining plan, but it's evident when the dining locations are full. Over the past few years, we've seen an incredible amount of folks turned away at Disney dining locations while we're waiting to be seated. The question never is, "Are you on the dining plan?". The answer is simply, "No, we are not taking walk-up reservations at this time".

vicster
07-16-2010, 11:08 AM
When making ADRs they do not ask if you're on the dining plan.

btharvey
07-16-2010, 11:46 AM
If you are required to provide a credit card to hold the reservation, you can refer them to your reservation number, I believe ... otherwise, the ADRs don't discriminate, to my knowledge.

Disnamic Duo
07-16-2010, 02:11 PM
I made all our ADR's about a month ago (not on DDP - room only res). I just got a PIN code for free dining for our dates and changed our reservation so now we're on the DDP. I don't think it matters...