PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe???

Jessietoystory2
07-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Has anyone eaten there? DH & I took a look at their menu and it sounds good, but does it taste good. Is it worth it? I leave in one week and we are looking for another restaurant to eat at in the evening. We already have booked O'hana and the Rose and Crown Pub. We are going to eat in the MK too. While were at it, any suggestions for dinner in the MK?

Scar
07-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Everyone in our party thought it was very good. Lots to choose from.

Tygger7
07-15-2010, 03:11 PM
We ate there for the first time this year, and loved it. Food was excellent and there was a large variety. Our server was top notch...we definitely plan to go there again.

As far as dinner in MK, the best choice would either be Columbia Harbor House (QS) or Pecos Bills (QS). Not much there in the way of TS choices.

DizneyRox
07-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Have you checked availability? Leaving in one week, it may be next to impossible. We had trouble getting in at about 3 months out, but managed a table.

Very good, although it's a little pricey. The snow crab was still there which makes a difference IMHO.

Cape May is tougher to get to than most other restaurants. We do it on an Epcot day but make sure Epcot is still open when you're done. Otherwise getting back to your resort may prove to be challenging. Walking to MGM to catch a bus is a nice way to walk off the meal though.

cajundisneyfreak
07-15-2010, 03:16 PM
We ate there in February.It was delicious.Nice variety.Loved the king crab legs and the oreo bonbons.:thumbsup:

paragon
07-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Cape May is our absolute must do every time. We stumbled on it one year looking for buffet style meals. We love it. The only disappointing part, was that it is advertised as a "New England" style clambake, well, I am a born and bred New Englander, and without boiled lobster, and a few other truly New England summertime favs, its not a true NE clambake, but it is still definitely very good, and worth the price. Lots of choices, and yummy. And the desserts...mmmmmmmmmmm.

smokester653
07-15-2010, 04:29 PM
If you had a choice between Cape May Cafe & Chef Mickeys for dinner . which would you choose? :confused: Condersidering changing ressies. Tell me the differences pro/cons.
Thanks

AnnaMom
07-15-2010, 05:21 PM
We tried it for the first time this past June and really enjoyed our dinner. The crab legs are so good!! I would check to make sure they still have availability.

paragon
07-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Cape May, no question. We were very, very inimpressed by Chef Mickeys. Probably by far the biggest disappointemnet ever. The atmosphere was lousy although I'm sure others may disagree. Cape May has a very relaxed, beach resort atmosphere, very comfortable. I have yet to be dosappointed there, and will never go to Chef Mickey's again.

AdventurerKim
07-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Cape May, no question. We were very, very inimpressed by Chef Mickeys. Probably by far the biggest disappointemnet ever. The atmosphere was lousy although I'm sure others may disagree. Cape May has a very relaxed, beach resort atmosphere, very comfortable. I have yet to be dosappointed there, and will never go to Chef Mickey's again.

Agree with all of this! We had the worst experience ever at Chef Mickey's a few years ago and would never return. I love Cape May! That Oreo dessert is perfection! Great food selection, and I love the crab legs addition last year. Yum!

mludman
07-16-2010, 07:40 AM
are snow crab legs on the buffet? if so is it a sometimes thing or is it consistant?

clausjo
07-16-2010, 08:26 AM
I was there in February and they were there. When I was there the prior times they weren't there. Not sure if it was new since then or if it's seasonal.

DizneyRox
07-16-2010, 09:52 AM
are snow crab legs on the buffet? if so is it a sometimes thing or is it consistant?
This is the first year I've seen them. The menu can change at any point though...

amorillo
07-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Loved the king crab legs and the oreo bonbons.:thumbsup:

OREO BONBONS! Haven't thought of them in awhile! The whole buffet is wonderful! But the bonbons IMHO are worth the trip all by themselves! :)

I may be remembering wrong, it's been awhile since my last trip... but I think the crab legs were available for an extra price?

DizneyRox
07-16-2010, 04:45 PM
I may be remembering wrong, it's been awhile since my last trip... but I think the crab legs were available for an extra price?
I don't know of any extra prices other than the buffet cost. They are now on the buffet and available to everyone... I've only been going for a few years now, it may have been that they hada menu that can be ordered from. Not anymore that I noticed

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Is Cape May one credit or two on the dining plan?

DizneyRox
07-17-2010, 08:06 AM
I believe one... The dinner anyway, not sure about the character breakfast.

mludman
07-17-2010, 09:18 AM
breakfast is 1 credit

Jessietoystory2
07-17-2010, 12:47 PM
WOW!! Thanks for all the advice. I got reservations for Ohana's at the last minute, so I am going to try Cape May now. I check the reservations like people check the stock market. Hopefully we will get in to experience this. Thanks again!

Checkers
07-17-2010, 02:08 PM
:mickey:I agree with all the positive reviews of Cape May Cafe. We were there in May and it was just terrific! Actually, I just decided that for our trip in Oct. (just DH & me) that we should make an ADR for the evening we arrive and since we are staying at the BWVs, Cape May Cafe was tops on our list and fortunately I was able to get a ressie for 6:30pm. I don't think you will be disappointed. Have fun!

Nini
07-17-2010, 10:58 PM

Yeah, I remember that they did it this way back in the early 90's. I don't know how long it was like this , but not as of the last time I ate there, which was in 2008.

Great food, lots to choose from. We're probably going to go back on our next trip in January. I'd pick Cape May over Chef Mickey's any day. Unless, of course, you have young kids, then I'd say Chef Mickey's.

Denise

garthbarth1
07-17-2010, 11:06 PM
For those of you who have been recently, do you remember some of the items offered? I would like to try it on our upcoming trip, but DH is not a seafood eater. I dont want to get there and find all there is to eat is seafood...as long as there is a beef/chicken option, we are good to go. This is at the Beach Club, correct? Thanks for any input :)

DizneyRox
07-18-2010, 07:13 AM
All I remember was the crab legs... :D

Checkers
07-18-2010, 04:42 PM
For those of you who have been recently, do you remember some of the items offered? I would like to try it on our upcoming trip, but DH is not a seafood eater. I dont want to get there and find all there is to eat is seafood...as long as there is a beef/chicken option, we are good to go. This is at the Beach Club, correct? Thanks for any input :)

:mickey:When we were there in May there was a nice variety of meats on the buffet. Chicken, beef and I believe they even had ham (not sure) but I am not a seafood person either and I was very happy with what they offered. Yes, it is located at the Beach Club. Enjoy!

garthbarth1
07-18-2010, 09:12 PM
great! Thanks everyone for the input! We might just have to try it out!

RAIDER
07-21-2010, 03:26 AM
We ate there earlier this year and had breakfast and dinner and we throughly enjoyed it . Both breakfast and dinner have a very varied menu ,the crab legs are lovely
I just wish it had a icecream machine for dinner.
But either way i would dine there again in a heartbeat :thumbsup:

Jessietoystory2
07-21-2010, 03:25 PM
After continually trying to get reservations, I was able to get dinner reservations on the last night of our trip!!! Thanks to all of you for your opinions and tips.