PDA

View Full Version : Hiring at WDW

BellesRose
07-14-2010, 01:16 PM
How hard is it to get hired at Disney? Looks like my family is moving soon, and it's been my dream to work for Disney for as long as I can remember. I have no prior work experience (Yes, 22 and no job) but I have done a lot of volunteering. Anything I need to know? Thanks in advance!

Strmchsr
07-14-2010, 02:07 PM
It's not too hard to get hired at one of the minimum wage positions. If you're looking for something more, those jobs tend to be pretty competitive, but you can go to the Disney corporate website and look at the job listings.

NewDVCowner
07-14-2010, 02:52 PM
When you're applying for the job I'd really stress the volunteer work. Especially go into detail about what you were doing. For example if you were volunteering doing office work or organizing a group, or even a rumage sale make sure they know you were doing that. "Originized a community rummage sale involving x number of people bringing x amount of money..." People often forget to include details of their volunteer work on their resume. My sister didn't have any job experience out of college but was very involved in a non profit. She detailed her volunteer work on her resume and got a call back from her current employer. They mentioned, specifically, that they were very impressed with her community involvement.

DizneyRox
07-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Lately it seems a pulse and an SSN will get you a job at WDW! The pulse may be optional...

DizNee143
07-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Lately it seems a pulse and an SSN will get you a job at WDW! The pulse may be optional...

haha..lol..thanx for the laugh!!! :D

NewDVCowner
07-14-2010, 06:50 PM

I hear the Haunted Mansion is always hiring. ;)

BellesRose
07-14-2010, 07:05 PM
That makes me happy! I know, that's bad for guests...but I would make the perfect CM (So that's good for guests!) and I really need a job. Plus, after I save some money, I plan on taking some classes and start a career with Disney.

Thanks for the tips on the whole volunteering thing, I'll be sure to include all the details. I have volunteered with churches for 10 years now, and I have done just about everything there is to do. I'm most comfortable organizing or working with kids, least comfortable in the kitchen, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get my foot in the door and work my way up.

KylesMom
07-14-2010, 09:45 PM
I wish you all the luck in the world - it sounds like Disney would be lucky to have you!

I look forward to the day when you can post as an official Disney CM! :mickey:

BellesRose
07-14-2010, 11:13 PM
I wish you all the luck in the world - it sounds like Disney would be lucky to have you!

I look forward to the day when you can post as an official Disney CM! :mickey:
That's really sweet, thank you!

Does anyone know how the interviewing process works? Is it one-on-one or do they usually do a group interview?

DisneyLuver91
07-14-2010, 11:31 PM
How hard is it to get hired at Disney? Looks like my family is moving soon, and it's been my dream to work for Disney for as long as I can remember. I have no prior work experience (Yes, 22 and no job) but I have done a lot of volunteering. Anything I need to know? Thanks in advance!

I'm hoping to do the same thing! I'm going to start out on the CP and then work my way in... Tell me how everything goes! From the sounds of things, you'll be a great CM! Good luck! :number1:

DisneyPrincess21
07-15-2010, 11:17 AM

99 CM's & always room for 1 more. :D ;)

Renfairwedding
07-15-2010, 12:25 PM

LOL.... I did not read to the bottom. Sorry DisneyPrincess21

But you better hurry. I was told they only have room for one more.

BellesRose
07-16-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm hoping to do the same thing! I'm going to start out on the CP and then work my way in... Tell me how everything goes! From the sounds of things, you'll be a great CM! Good luck! :number1:
Thanks! You too! :thumbsup: