PDA

View Full Version : Saana Info

Schmiv
07-14-2010, 10:27 AM
The full balance is paid & the "official" countdown has begun! :thumbsup:

I'm trying to get a handle on everything & am in theprocess of making a spreadsheet with Dining Resi's & all that stuff but I can't find any info on Saana on in Info Central. I see the menu but the restaurant is not listed on the Disney Dining List.

So, is there anyone who just came back from The World and ate at Saana and can give me some feedback? :D

Thanks so much!!! :rocks:

Dr. Facilier
07-14-2010, 10:18 PM
The atmosphere is nice (and you might get a seat that looks out on the savannah), but the food has suffered slightly over the year or so that Sanaa has been open.

They used to have a hummus service, where you could select different flavors of hummus and different kinds of breads. This seems to have been removed (although you can still get bread service which is selected for you, but tasty).

The food, as the waiter mentioned at my most recent meal, has been toned down in spiciness. I find this to be a detriment, but you may not.

Still, what remains is a pretty solid, if limited, Indian food menu. Lots of curry and spices on meat, fish, and veggies. Sanaa is at least worth a visit.

badkitty
07-14-2010, 11:33 PM
They used to have a hummus service, where you could select different flavors of hummus and different kinds of breads. This seems to have been removed (although you can still get bread service which is selected for you, but tasty).

That's odd. I eat there a lot and have always been able to choose the bread (pick three) I want and select from about eight or so spreads (pick three with hummus being one of them and a fabulous garlic spread). Granted there are only three breads now (used to be four) but you can select one of each or double up on your favorite.

This is one of my favorite places to eat. The meal choices are wonderful and very tasty. I typically go for lunch so that I can see the animals.