PDA

View Full Version : Rnrc

RBrooksC
07-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Ok, I know there have been threads about this and I am way too lazy to find them. So, I will start anew.

Anyway, there is always talk about Aerosmith bowing out due to their internal strife and the speculation about what groups would take over happens.

It always spirals down to people saying The Jonas Bros or Hannah Montanna. :sick: :ack:

But last night while listening to the radio, I heard two songs and I thought, if Aerosmith did leave, one of these two groups would be a great fit.

The first one that I heard was Shook You All Night Long by AC/DC. First off, that group has some great blusey rock songs that have become "rock standards." Second, I know both Shook You All Night Long and Back in Black would work well with the timing to the launch. Both songs have a heavy beat at the beginning of the song. One right at the beginning and one right after the guitar intro. Good points at which to launch the car.

The second group would be Kiss. With their Glam Rock make-up, Gene Simmons' mainstream appeal and also plenty of "Rock Standards", it would play well, especially with a pre-show.

However, I doubt Aerosmith is going anywhere anytime soon. I am sure Disney is paying them a hefty licensing fee and the group is not going to want to lose that cash cow.

ChipNDale79
07-14-2010, 08:37 AM
I love RNRC, what makes that ride special is the music and the launch, beyond that, its not that great of a roller coaster when you compare it to others. I'm ok with the music being replaced, but it has to be something similar to Aerosmith. If its Hanna Montana or the Jonas Brothers I wont be riding it. I'm sure i wont be the only one to say that either.

Jeniflower
07-14-2010, 10:58 AM
I love RNRC and would be totally sad if Aerosmith did bow out but your suggestions as a repacement pretty much .. well they pretty much rock

AC/DC and Kiss - what more could we ask for

GreenB
07-14-2010, 12:22 PM
ac/dc and kiss - what more could we ask for

THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine that?

goofy-4-disney
07-14-2010, 12:27 PM
I agree that if they lose the "rock" feel to the ride with replacing aerosmith with either the jonas bros. or miley cyrus that i would never step foot on that ride again. I like the suggestions of AC/DC and KISS as future replacements should it come to that.

azcavalier
07-14-2010, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about it. What seems to be going on is that Steve Tyler has some now chronic health problems. Specifically joints in his legs and feet. This is the result of his antics on-stage over the last 30 years. At one point, while it looked like he was going to be recovering from his pain-killer addiction as well as physical injuries, he was going to be out of commission for a while. So the band was thinking about looking for a singer to replace him in the interim so that they could continue to tour. Tyler sent them a "Cease-and Desist" order. He back on his feet now, and they're continuing to tour, and are looking at putting out a new album.

So, I'm not too worried. Tyler's not looking to leave the band.

BellesRose
07-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Personally, my vote would be for Poison/Bret Michaels!

Mickeysbrother
07-14-2010, 05:56 PM
My vote would definately be for KISS! I always thought they would have been a better selection in the first place.