PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at The Wave with Kids???

thesplashmountaineer
07-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Would you recommand a dinner at The Wave with 3 kids (3,9 and 11)? It seems a little bit too "adult" for them...

I would like to try some new restaurants on my next trip in october. already have some ADRs at Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Ton'ys Town square, Sci-Fi Dine In, Rose and Crown ans Ohana. already eaten at a couple of those.

Also, on previous trip we have eaten there : 50's prime time, California Grill, 1900 park fare, The Norway one that i can't pronounce, San Angel Inn, Le Cellier, Les Chefs de France, Boma, tusker House, crystal Palace and Chef Mickey

Any other ideas for a nice dinner with 3 kids???

and i'm french canadian, so excuse the poor quality of my English...

cajundisneyfreak
07-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Have you tried The Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge? The kids would love it.They have wooden horses that the kids gallop around the restaurant with.If you want ketchup they scream"ketchup" and you end up with a table full of ketchup.You get to whirl your napkin in the air.There is alot of fun things going on there and the food is delicious.It is a must do for us every trip.:mickey:

thesplashmountaineer
07-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Is The Whispering Canyon Cafe far from the parks? It sounds cool...

Pirate Granny
07-13-2010, 08:35 PM
It's in the wilderness lodge...perfect for the kids...food is pretty good too.
:pirate:

MonoMan
07-13-2010, 08:46 PM
We wondered the same thing but we took our four year old and he really enjoyed it. It's a great place to eat, but the atmosphere is that of a nice place minus characters and interactive wait staff. There were also many other families there with younger children.

KylesMom
07-13-2010, 09:19 PM
First off, your English is great! :D

Only you can decide if your kids would like The Wave after taking a look at the menu. If you decide it's not for them, I too would recommend Whispering Canyon. They have some fun kids' games & great milkshakes - always a hit! I know that The Wave really wouldn't be up my son's alley.

Is The Whispering Canyon Cafe far from the parks? It sounds cool...
From the Magic Kingdom, you'd take a boat launch over to Wilderness Lodge if you didn't have your own car. Very easy, good food & fun for the kids - a win-win situation! :mickey:

snowwhite1970
07-14-2010, 07:10 AM
My kids did not like the Wave at all. My 9 year old got chicken fingers, but they were a much healthier version than she is used to, and didn't like them. My husband and I enjoyed our meals, but we wouldn't go back with the kids.

mrmcgiv
07-14-2010, 09:05 AM
we hope to try beirgarten this time with the kids - at epcot and 50's primte time at DHS

tomatoe pie
07-15-2010, 12:21 PM
We had dinner there the first night at blt. 2 adults, 2 big teenage boys and a little girl. I know it was late and we were very hungry, but we thought it was very good.:d