PDA

View Full Version : What attraction replaced this...?

BWayGrl
07-13-2010, 04:58 PM
I was browsing a website of extinct Disney attractions and I read about the Spirit of Pocahontas show and the Hunchback of Notre Dame show in MGM. Where did these shows take place and what attraction is there now?

Thanks!

DisneyLuver91
07-13-2010, 05:23 PM
The Hunchback of Notre Dame show took place at the Backlot Theater. This stage has been vacant for years now, but is being renovated for something that hasn't been announced.

I believe the Spirit of Pocahontas took place at the Videopolis Stage in Disneyland. I feel as though it may have been at the AK as well, but I'm probably hallucinating. :secret:

EDIT: Just checked and Pocahontas was at the Backlot Theater for a few years before the Hunchback was there. I KNEW it was WDW...

BluegrassDaisy
07-13-2010, 05:31 PM
We saw the Pocohontas show not so many years ago at Animal Kingdom. It was a live show with real animals. It was in a fairly small ampitheatre near the FOLK show. My youngest was about 5 at the time and she loved it!

faline
07-13-2010, 06:06 PM
We saw the Pocohontas show not so many years ago at Animal Kingdom. It was a live show with real animals. It was in a fairly small ampitheatre near the FOLK show. My youngest was about 5 at the time and she loved it!

This show is a different one than the one noted above though this show is now closed as well.

Tekneek
07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
It is unfortunate when attractions disappear and nothing replaces them. With the way ticket prices (and everything else at WDW) go up every year (sometimes every 6 months), it is not so good to see a net loss in the amount of attractions available.