PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPass

athenagww
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but here goes... I was wondering if anyone has used PhotoPass and if so, were you happy with pre-buying the CD? Thanks,

62 days and counting!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-13-2010, 02:47 PM
You will get a million different answers on this one!

For our family, we've used Photopass on our last three tips, always buying the CD in advance, and have always been very happy with the results.

Bethanymouse
07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
We pre-purchased the photopass CD last year prior to our WDW wedding and honeymoon. We were very pleased with the CD. We had a LOT of images on it and just made sure to use it everytime we could.

KylesMom
07-13-2010, 03:44 PM
We've pre-ordered PhotoPass the last couple of years, and have been very happy with the process. As long as you are getting your family in front of the photographers at every opportunity, it's a real money-saving value versus ordering the cd when you get home.

We have ordered the PhotoPass CD every year since 2005, and have never regretted it. :mickey:

PopPhan
07-13-2010, 03:46 PM
DW and I did this last year, but just did not have enough photos taken to make it worthwhile for us.

If you are going to hit a lot of the PhotoPass 'spots' and get lots of photos taken, it is a very good deal.

Michelle15
07-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Here is a question how do you pre order a photo cd? I have in the past just paid for the cd after we got home.

faline
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Here is a question how do you pre order a photo cd? I have in the past just paid for the cd after we got home.

You can go here. (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx)

faline
07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
We've had mixed results. We've done photopass a couple of times. The pictures add up more quickly if you do a lot of the character spots - not so much when you just get to the photographers who are in scenic areas around the park.

I'm planning on skipping it on our next trip but have already planned on doing it for a trip next year.

Michelle15
07-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Thank you :thumbsup:

EeyoresBestFriend
07-13-2010, 04:34 PM
We have used it extensively in the past and love it! For the first time this year we prebought the CD and just got it! It was fabulous! Well worth it if you have a lot of pictures! :)

When you are in the parks, get pictures taken often ~ even at the same spots. That way there are always options. Make sure to get day and night pictures too. It's free and fun!

Congratulations on your first trip to WDW!! I'm sure that you will have a great time and the resort you picked is beautiful. It's our home away from home!! :cloud9:

whitney37354
07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
We used it and money wise, it probably wasn't "worth it", but we got pictures of all three of us together at MK, EPCOT, DHS, & TL. We were able to add many of our pictures from character meals too so we can make more copies if we need them. Next time, we can go at a more leisurely pace since our "first trip" is over and I will try to catch every PP photographer I can to get as many pictures as possible to make it "worth the money".

pixiesmimi
07-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Definately worth the money. We have done it in advance, at the discounted price, the last three trips and ended up with over 200 pictures after the editing with borders, etc. We look everywhere for photographers now to get as many pictures as we can. Character pictures count, too. I'll be ordering ours tomorrow.

SorcererJim
07-18-2010, 09:38 PM
We just got back after pre-ording for the first time... and I think it worked out great... one thing that I learned this time was all the "magic shots" that the photopass people can do (tinkerbell in your hand, holding mickey ballons, stitch in the ground, etc) those are real fun to have and something I would never buy individually.

Mickey91
07-18-2010, 09:52 PM
We just got back after pre-ording for the first time... and I think it worked out great... one thing that I learned this time was all the "magic shots" that the photopass people can do (tinkerbell in your hand, holding mickey ballons, stitch in the ground, etc) those are real fun to have and something I would never buy individually.

Hey Jim,
Where do you get the pic with the balloons?

We have pre-bought the cd a couple times and love it!! You actually find yourself seeking out the photopass people more and getting even neater pics than ever before!:mickey:

DisneyKim22
07-18-2010, 10:28 PM
We used this about three years ago when we went with the extended family. I was extremely happy with it. What I found highly convenient is each couple had a card that we put onto one account (an idea that came directly from Disney's website). So during the times where we were all split up, everyone still had pictures taken. By the end of the trip, we had hundreds of photos on the CD. We liked being able to add the captions, frames, and designs. VERY VERY worth the money. We're all going again this year and will most likely do PhotoPass again. We didn't use it for the the past two years as only my husband and I went. It would not have been as worth it just for the two of us. We ended up purchasing one photo at the end, so we saved a lot of money there.

SorcererJim
07-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Hey Jim,
Where do you get the pic with the balloons?
:mickey:

I want to say we had shots in Epcot at the entrance, and also in HS along the main street just past the entrance... you'll know which one the balloons are when they ask you to raise your hand up! :mickey: