PDA

View Full Version : Best World Showcase Pavilion?

azcavalier
07-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Or, I guess I should say, what is your favorite World Showcase Pavilion? I, personally, think that Canada has it all. The gardens, one of the best restaurants on property, great theming, and O Canada with Martin Short is a must do for us. And then you add Off Kilter, and you have a winner.

Also, there is room for more pavilions....what countries would you add? I always thought that it was odd that there is not a single country represented from the southern hemisphere. I would love to see Brazil or Argentina and Australia added.

WDW*Dreamer
07-13-2010, 09:16 AM
I love them all, but my top two are Mexico and France.

Mexico has a really good "full immersion" feel to it, and I could spend hours in there listening to Mariachi Cobre. I haven't had the chance to spend any time in taquilla bar yet, but that's sure to add to the experience.

France for the food, language, and the music in Impressions de France (althought they could update the movie a bit)

A new pavillion would be nice....maybe over in the Outpost area. I've never really understood that area.

SBETigg
07-13-2010, 09:37 AM
There's so much to love in each one! It's hard to choose a favorite. I wouldn't want to lose any of them, that's for certain. But I guess I will say UK, if I had to choose. For a new pavilion, I would pick Greece, with some great Greek food (though that's now available at Kouzzina) and add a ride based on mythology.

disneymom2000
07-13-2010, 10:20 AM
I was there for the Millennium Celebration and they had so many countries represented. They had a ride through Egypt that felt like you were riding a camel, a simulator of the poles with freezing weather, South American countries - just anywhere you could think of. After that, that is when the outpost was put there. They didn't have it there before that I remember. I think my favorite country is France with the little shops, restaurants and movie. I think the most authentic looking though is Morocco. I would love to see an Australian land put in. I would have a restaurant that served alligator, rabbit etc and a ride that took you through the Great Barrier Reef and a show that sat you in the Sydney Opera House to listen to their music.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-13-2010, 10:48 AM
That's difficult....I really like the UK's gift shop, but Germany and Norway are great too...I guess I would have to choose Norway

Bay Lake
07-13-2010, 11:08 AM
I am torn between France and Canada,:scratch: I love strooling the streets of France and the bakery. But I also love the mountains and waterfall in Canada. France has the good wine and Canada has the good beer. France has good food and Canada has one of the best places to eat in the whole resort. But in the end Viva la France.

:wine::chef::artist:

Loweschevy
07-13-2010, 11:19 AM
I like Japan, the Mitsukoshi Department store is great. When the gallery is open, it is a nice plus too. We like to walk around and enjoy the garden and bonzai trees. A ride or larger attraction would make it better though!

Jeniflower
07-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh so many of them are so good

Canada Rocks but Norway, Mexico and Japan are also excellent

EpcotChic23
07-13-2010, 11:34 AM
My fav is Mexico. I will sometimes just sit inside with a Margeritta :marg: and relax.

SandmanGStefani24
07-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Japan has always been my favorite. I love the restaurants, the shops, and the scenery. I could spend all day there!

UK and Morocco not too far behind...

As for a new edition, I say bring on Russia! Imagine a replica of the Kremelin in the background...it would be awesome. In lieu of a new country maybe Italy could be worked on a little bit. it seems so small compared to the others...

DVC2004
07-13-2010, 03:51 PM
I would have to say Mexico with Norway as a close second. I always have to stop and look at the stuff for sale in the Mexico Pavillion and of course the attraction. I also love the Maelstrom!

TikiLounger
07-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I'd say Mexico as #1 and Norway as a close second. I love to shop and sip a margarita in Mexico and Maelstrom (trolls!) is fun.

darthmacho
07-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Mexico is by far and away my favorite!

Brazil seems like a reasonable choice for a new pavilion, don't you think? I imagine Argentina or Peru would be good choices too, but Brazil could have a great rainforest exhibit or ride! A Brazilian restaurant would be delicious too. :mickey:

biodtl
07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
I love Mexico for the outdoor courtyard theming - it's so lovely in there. And I love Morroco, too - you almost forget you're in the US when you are in there.

AllDisney
07-13-2010, 06:24 PM
I think it's a toss up between France (the food) & Mexico (the atmosphere).

I vote for Egypt. The possibilities are endless:thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
07-13-2010, 06:40 PM
My favorite is Germany, especially at night. I love the feel of the Platz, the music, food and architecture. I enjoy all of the pavilions, DW and I like to take our time and take in the experience.
If I could add another country....first thought is Australia.

BellesRose
07-13-2010, 06:44 PM
France! I love the movie, the bakery, and definitely the shops! I love taking pictures there. My room is decorated in the Eiffel Tower theme so I could spend hours there.

Gator
07-13-2010, 08:28 PM
NORWAY! The architecture is incredible. I love the waterfall in the courtyard. It has a better boat ride than Mexico. The gift shop smells fantastic - I really love coming close to Norway and smelling the Geir cologne and perfume pouring out. Akershus has really good food, and my kids love the Princess show. Throw in those Scandinavian women, and you've got the #1 spot at WDW for me.

mickclub1955
07-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Germany for the food, Norway and Mexico for the rides. And wish that they would add Greece.

dnickels
07-13-2010, 08:59 PM
I'd probably say Canada does the best with the overall theme, the gardens, the 'mountains', the shops, with France a close 2nd.

If they were going to add something I'd love to see Russia or Brazil, maybe Egypt or Greece. I know a lot of people would like to see Australia, and I agree it's a beautiful place, but it's also about as similar to the US from a cultural / clothing / music perspective as you can get and I'd like to see some more variety.

azcavalier
07-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Throw in those Scandinavian women, and you've got the #1 spot at WDW for me.

Yep, I have to agree here. The hostesses at Norway are impressive. Of course, then I went to the France Pavilion...that's a tough one.

But Morocco has the belly dancer....