PDA

View Full Version : The Poly Peoples Triple Play, WDW, DL and WDW again!

mouseketeer mom
07-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Hi all!
My head is spinning right now with three trips within 6 wks for us...here's what happened!
My DH was offered 3 different speaking positions within 6 weeks time. The first at WDW, the second in DL, and the third in WDW again. We thought this was all crazy as the offers came in, then we thought..How Cool! We will never have the chance to do this again, LET'S DO IT!!! The rooms are covered by his employer on all three stays, with the exception of a few nights in DL as we extended our trip some, all we need are tickets, and our personal expenses., so off we go!
First stop: Poly Club Level, 5 nights. A few days after my DH's BD, so we will make this a celebration trip. With so many trips to plan, and having only 3 wks notice for this first one, I taught my 16 yo DD Katie how to book/plan ADR's. She was able to score our traditional first night Ohana's dinner, which I didn't expect. Add in Askerhus, Tony's, Le Cellier, (yep! Le Cellier, 4pm on our third night!), Coral Reef, Cape May Cafe, Sanaa and Kouzzina and we are good to go! Good job for a rookie! The kids and I also have a brunch at CP just for us, while DH works. Our plan is to enjoy this one, knowing there's lots more fun ahead of us. No need to push ourselves and run like crazy.
Next Up: We are home just a week and a half, and we leave for DL! Through the convention, we were able to book a guarenteed Dreams tower renovated room with a theme park view. 8 nights of a brand new Disney experience for us! I'm so excited and can't even imagine what to expect. I waited my whole life to go to Disneyland, the original. We booked Blue Bayou, Storytellers Cafe, Carnation Cafe and Goofy's Kitchen for brunch. We also have a rental car secured at the DTD location as we will be exploring SoCal as well, and of course the girls and I will take a cheesy tour of the Hollywood Stars homes and we all want to experience the beaches.
Third up! Poly Club level, we will be there just a couple days after my BD, and for my sons actual BD. We have a lagoon view club room booked. We will take in MNSSHP, Kai will do the Pirates League on the day of the party for his BD, I also booked Archery for him and Steve. We have great ADR's for this one. Ohana's of course, first night, we don't break from this tradition., Sci Fi, and all of our faves for this trip.
This sounds over the top for sure, but is only happening because of work for my DH! I am so excited for this triple Disney adventure for my family.
Thanks for reading!

MizMissy
07-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Oh My Goodness!! Amazing!! I know you guys are good at taking things easy and really enjoying your trip, you will make the most of it, I am certain.
I can't wait for the trip reports! And, I will go ahead and admit that I am positively GREEEEN with envy! Although, at some point, I wonder .... can their be vacation overload, even a Disney one? Really, I can't imagine ....

Hope your trips are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I guess NJ schools start later? My kids start mid-August in school.

SBETigg
07-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Sounds fantastic, Lisa! I want to hear all about DL and how it compares to WDW. That's a trip I want to make one day. I hope you're up to doing a trip report on that. :thumbsup:

I'm going back more than I expected this year, too. Conference time for me, I get to try the Dolphin, then family vacation time. We'll be at the Poly. Maybe we'll run into you, depending on dates. Enjoy your travels!

*Northeast school start at the very end of August, beginning of September.

VWL Mom
07-13-2010, 08:07 AM
How great, you are definitely making up for lost time. Looking forward to your reports and the Poly kids' take on DL. Enjoy!

T-Belle
07-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Wow!!!!! I am SOOO jealous!! I have always wanted to go the "Mother Land"!! Sounds like you will have a blast! And congrats on teaching your DD well-making really great adr's-you've taught her well!
Have wonderful time and don't forget to tell us all about it!

faline
07-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Wow! That's really exciting, Lisa! What a great opportunity for you to have lots of Disney fun - on both coasts!

yjgirl32
07-13-2010, 08:44 AM
WOW lots of Disney- Have a very very magical trip!!!

TikiGoddess
07-13-2010, 08:53 AM
After all you've been through in the last year or so, It's so good to hear great news like 3 trips to Disney!

(by the way, I want your husband's job...) LOL

Have a wonderful time! Please report back -- I am very interested in going to DL and SoCal, but haven't managed to talk hubby into it yet.

Kathy

DizNee143
07-13-2010, 09:11 AM
first off what does your hubby do? i or my hubby needs to get into that line of work so one of us keeps having to go to disney!!! lol..

sounds like its going to be a whirlwind of great vacations in a short period of time..

i hope you all have a wonderful time!!!!!:mickey:

i cant wait to read all about the trips whenever youll have time to actually write about them!!

ENJOY!

gauvin4
07-13-2010, 09:39 AM
I, too, would like to know what your husband does for work? What a great opportunity you have been offered!! I hope you have a great time and can't wait to hear all about it upon your return. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
07-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Wow, sounds like a GREAT time! It's like the opposite of what I do every year. I go to DL so often, that when I get to go to WDW, it's like a big time score! :D. It's very interesting to go to the two parks within a short period of time. The change in perspective is a bit jarring, but all the uniqueness of each place is really apparent, and fun to enjoy. If you have any DL/So. Cal questions, feel free to PM me.

princessgirls
07-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Lisa,

YOUR TRIPS SOUND AMAZING!! Enjoy!

Can't wait for the reports!!

Julie:mickey:

Bethanymouse
07-13-2010, 01:18 PM
What a wonderful experience! I cant wait to hear all about it!

mouseketeer mom
07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
I, too, would like to know what your husband does for work? What a great opportunity you have been offered!! I hope you have a great time and can't wait to hear all about it upon your return. :thumbsup:

My husband is a psychologist specializing in Disaster/Terrorism and Trauma. Quite the opposite of my specialty, WDW!!

mouseketeer mom
07-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Oh My Goodness!! Amazing!! I know you guys are good at taking things easy and really enjoying your trip, you will make the most of it, I am certain.
I can't wait for the trip reports! And, I will go ahead and admit that I am positively GREEEEN with envy! Although, at some point, I wonder .... can their be vacation overload, even a Disney one? Really, I can't imagine ....

Hope your trips are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I guess NJ schools start later? My kids start mid-August in school.

Disney overload??? Is there such a thing?? I guess this will be the test of it!!! And our schools start after labor day.

mouseketeer mom
07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Sounds fantastic, Lisa! I want to hear all about DL and how it compares to WDW. That's a trip I want to make one day. I hope you're up to doing a trip report on that. :thumbsup:

I'm going back more than I expected this year, too. Conference time for me, I get to try the Dolphin, then family vacation time. We'll be at the Poly. Maybe we'll run into you, depending on dates. Enjoy your travels!

*Northeast school start at the very end of August, beginning of September.

When are you at the Dolphin? Thats where DH will spend some of his days. I think you mentioned a writers convention in an earlier post?

Michelle15
07-13-2010, 03:16 PM
WOW! I am jealous :mickey: Have a Magical Trip and keep the trip reports coming:D:cloud9:

RedSoxFan
07-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Sounds like a great trip planned. I loved going to DL a few years back (grew up in So Cal) and DH wants to go back next summer. Have a great time!!

SBETigg
07-13-2010, 05:11 PM
When are you at the Dolphin? Thats where DH will spend some of his days. I think you mentioned a writers convention in an earlier post?

July 27-Aug 1 I'll be at the Dolphin for the conference. Romance Writers of America, about 800 writers in attendance (some who have no intention of going into parks- amazingly enough).

If you're a reader and around then, there's a booksigning with about 400 popular authors (and me). Suzanne Brockmann, Meg Cabot, and Nora Roberts are among some of the more recognizable authors signing, in the Dolphin Ballroom on July 28 from 5-7. Anyone there, stop by and I would love to meet you. Signed books make great gifts, and all proceeds benefit literacy efforts. It's a fundraiser.

mouseketeer mom
07-13-2010, 10:03 PM
July 27-Aug 1 I'll be at the Dolphin for the conference. Romance Writers of America, about 800 writers in attendance (some who have no intention of going into parks- amazingly enough).

If you're a reader and around then, there's a booksigning with about 400 popular authors (and me). Suzanne Brockmann, Meg Cabot, and Nora Roberts are among some of the more recognizable authors signing, in the Dolphin Ballroom on July 28 from 5-7. Anyone there, stop by and I would love to meet you. Signed books make great gifts, and all proceeds benefit literacy efforts. It's a fundraiser.

I miss the booksigning by 2 days. I am an avid reader. I devour books.

badkitty
07-13-2010, 10:21 PM
:woohoo:

Sounds amazing! You all deserve it! You will love Disneyland. Try to squeeze in a trip to Knott's Berry Farm if you can. Historic chicken dinners and melt-in-your-mouth biscuits. :eat:

Have fun! Can't wait for the trip reports.

mouseketeer mom
07-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Wow, sounds like a GREAT time! It's like the opposite of what I do every year. I go to DL so often, that when I get to go to WDW, it's like a big time score! :D. It's very interesting to go to the two parks within a short period of time. The change in perspective is a bit jarring, but all the uniqueness of each place is really apparent, and fun to enjoy. If you have any DL/So. Cal questions, feel free to PM me.

Thats what I think..that'll be so very interesting to compare parks back to back. Everyone keeps telling me that both DL and WDW are so very different. I can't even wrap my mind around it. It still hasn't sunk in that I'm going. I have tons of questions..I may take you up on that offer of a PM! Thanks!!!

#1disneyfan
07-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Sounds absolutely wonderful. I can't even imagine it! And though I would love to be able to do your trips, after hearing your DH profession I don't think I would want it ;)! lol.

Have a beyond wonderful time and I hope you write about as much of it as you can!

:mickey:

KylesMom
07-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Lisa, this is fantastic news. WOW! How wonderful for you and your family. As we've never been to DL either, I look forward to your comparisons.

On a side note, we'll be at Disney World the last week of July through August 7th. I'll keep an eye out for you. I can only imagine how excited the kids are!!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-14-2010, 09:40 AM
How awesome, I am jealous:envy:

mouseketeer mom
07-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Lisa, this is fantastic news. WOW! How wonderful for you and your family. As we've never been to DL either, I look forward to your comparisons.

On a side note, we'll be at Disney World the last week of July through August 7th. I'll keep an eye out for you. I can only imagine how excited the kids are!!! :mickey:

Maybe I will see you there!!

BluewaterBrad
07-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Thats cool. Looking forward to all your great (as usual) reports and pix!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
07-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Just made the trip more interesting (the first trip!) by booking the Segway Tour for Katie and I. (Around the World at Epcot) She is 16 now, and can do it with me!! Hope I can stay on the Segway!

wildernesslady
07-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Sounds like my kind of vacation. Have a great time. DL is different and the same in many ways. You can actually just walk to all your ADRs at DL. No need to catch buses and transfer. DW is still 1st in my heart, but I would go back to DL in a second. I can't wait to read your reports. They are always a good read.

BrerGnat
07-14-2010, 10:14 PM
You can actually just walk to all your ADRs at DL.

You can actually not even MAKE ADRs at DLR. That's one of the best things about it! Dine where you want, when you want! I've never made an ADR at DLR, and I've also never waited more than 20 min for a table ANYWHERE (including Blue Bayou).

Now, I WILL recommend making a dining package ADR to see World of Color. Just to make it easier and guarantee a good place to watch the show.

DisneyorBust
07-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Now that's exciting news! A true once in a lifetime opportunity, I'll be looking forward to all of your trip reports. Have a fantastic vacation...or should I say vacations!

wildernesslady
07-15-2010, 10:09 AM
You can actually not even MAKE ADRs at DLR. That's one of the best things about it! Dine where you want, when you want! I've never made an ADR at DLR, and I've also never waited more than 20 min for a table ANYWHERE (including Blue Bayou).

Now, I WILL recommend making a dining package ADR to see World of Color. Just to make it easier and guarantee a good place to watch the show.

When I was there about 2 years ago, we did have reservations. I did not realize the policy changed. The world of color does look like a great show.

mouseketeer mom
07-15-2010, 10:15 AM
When I was there about 2 years ago, we did have reservations. I did not realize the policy changed. The world of color does look like a great show.

We booked the picnic to ensure viewing for the World of Color. I'm happy to read ADR's are not always necesssary for table services. We made some, but are thinking of trying other places if our schedule allows.

Joannelet
07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Wow how exciting this is!! You are going to ENJOY Disneyland!!! :) Is it your first trip to there?
Make sure you see the fireworks at MK in DL :) Watch their Tinkerbell!! She is AMAZING THERE!!! :) There POTC is better there (much much longer), Their Nemo ride is fabulous!!!! oh and they have MR. TOAD!!! :)
Enjoy your time there...if you get a chance and if it is your first time you may want to look into A Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour...it is great. YOu are going to love the atmosphere at Blue Bayou :)
Enjoy all 3 trips!!!

BrerGnat
07-15-2010, 03:28 PM

Policy hasn't changed. At DLR, you can make ADRs 90 days out. But, you don't really need to. The truth is, most restaurants can easily accommodate walk ups, because so few people actually make ADRs (due to the majority of visitors being locals).

One exception to this would be Goofy's Kitchen breakfast/brunch. This place is ALWAYS packed!

mouseketeer mom
07-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Policy hasn't changed. At DLR, you can make ADRs 90 days out. But, you don't really need to. The truth is, most restaurants can easily accommodate walk ups, because so few people actually make ADRs (due to the majority of visitors being locals).

One exception to this would be Goofy's Kitchen breakfast/brunch. This place is ALWAYS packed!

Oooo! Then I am glad I made one for our Goofy's Kitchen breakfast. We are doing that on our World of Color day, just the kids and I, since DH is working on that day. Then we'll head to the parks, then DH will meet us to pick up our picnics and World of Color!

BrerGnat
07-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Oooo! Then I am glad I made one for our Goofy's Kitchen breakfast. We are doing that on our World of Color day, just the kids and I, since DH is working on that day. Then we'll head to the parks, then DH will meet us to pick up our picnics and World of Color!

Good plan! Yeah, I've been wanting to take the kids to Goofy's for awhile, but we are not good at planning that stuff so far ahead of time, and walk ups don't happen there!

mouseketeer mom
07-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Well, as things usually go, I'm tweaking and a' changin things around! So, our new add ons for August trip to WDW are the Segway tour and the Tea for my girlies and I. I just added the Hoop De Doo after the archery experience in September for my sons BD, and also added the Pirates League for him before the MNSSHP. Think I'll stop now!!!

BrerGnat
07-24-2010, 11:58 AM
I've always wanted to do the Segway Tour! Sounds like a bunch of fun add ons. :thumbsup:

LuvsTigger80
07-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Sounds like you will have a blast....and you get to visit my home away from home...Disneyland. I hope you enjoy it has much as my family and i do!! I love reading your trip reports..so i can't wait for those...:thumbsup:. And you will love WOC...we have seen it 4 times.... and my 4 yr old asks to watch it on a weekly basis...:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
07-29-2010, 07:37 AM
Just checked in for our early a.m. flight tomorrow!! Disney trip #1, here we come!!!!!! Thanks for reading everyone!

luvDaMouse
07-29-2010, 08:06 AM
:thumbsup: yey! Poly people trip reports!
Safe travels Lisa, looking forward to hearing all about your adventures when you return :)
Dana :mickey:

Magic Smiles
07-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Thats what I think..that'll be so very interesting to compare parks back to back. Everyone keeps telling me that both DL and WDW are so very different. I can't even wrap my mind around it. It still hasn't sunk in that I'm going. I have tons of questions..I may take you up on that offer of a PM! Thanks!!!

What a summer! Lucky family.

I wouldn't go to DL with the thought of comparing the parks, even though that will be hard to do after just visiting WDW. You might be disappointed. Look at it as a whole new place and experience. I didn't compare the 2 last summer on our first visit to DL and was able to just love DL. With you having 7 days in DL you will be able to have so much fun.
As we had also stayed in Los Angeles we did the stars home tour. The tour will be as good as the guide you get. Our daytime guide was terrible. It was more about himself and promoting his business then anything else, but then we did Los Angeles by night and on that tour the guide (a female) was fabulous! She took us to see pretty much anything we wanted to or hadn't seen on the daytime tour.
While in Los Angeles we went to Santa Monica beach and pier and from DL we went to Newport Beach. Newport Beach was PACKED. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, being on vacation we weren't thinking of the days and realized it was a Saturday when we headed to the beach. Big mistake. I would love to go back to Newport Beach and spend some time in the area.

Will be looking forward to reading your trip reports.

Magic Smiles
07-30-2010, 08:50 PM
I've always wanted to do the Segway Tour! Sounds like a bunch of fun add ons. :thumbsup:

We did the Segway Tour in California Adventures last August. It was a RIOT once we got the hang of the segway. We will definitely do the Segway tour in WDW some time.

Ropachs
08-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Have a grand time! I am so looking forward to your trip reports, especially DL, and any DL/WDW comparisons...as we are considering a trip out west...no pressure of course. ;)