PDA

View Full Version : Galveston-Bound! What's There?

mickeys_princess_mom
07-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Tell me about Galveston Beach, mates! Going next week to stay in a friend's beach house. Any suggestions? Anyone been to Moody Gardens?
:thanks:

AnnaMom
07-13-2010, 08:46 AM
We go down there a couple of times a year very relaxing! We can spend the whole day at Moody Gardens - they have a lot to do Imax, Aquarium, Rain Forest, Ridefilm, Discovery Museum and a Colonel Paddlewheel Boat. In Galveston they have a lot of tours and attractions that we always enjoy the Moody Home, a Railroad Museum, Lone Star Flight Musuem the Ocean Star Drilling & Rig Museum and do not forget about the Schlitterbahn Water park!! Two of our favorite restaurants are the Rainforst Cafe (they have a boat ride in the restaurant) and for some of the freshest seafood you must try Casey's. Hope this helps & enjoy your trip!

Advnt05
07-13-2010, 08:54 AM
I'll be in Houston next week and taking a day trip to Galveston. Any reports of oil on the beach?

mickeys_princess_mom
07-13-2010, 09:31 AM
We go down there a couple of times a year very relaxing! We can spend the whole day at Moody Gardens - they have a lot to do Imax, Aquarium, Rain Forest, Ridefilm, Discovery Museum and a Colonel Paddlewheel Boat. In Galveston they have a lot of tours and attractions that we always enjoy the Moody Home, a Railroad Museum, Lone Star Flight Musuem the Ocean Star Drilling & Rig Museum and do not forget about the Schlitterbahn Water park!! Two of our favorite restaurants are the Rainforst Cafe (they have a boat ride in the restaurant) and for some of the freshest seafood you must try Casey's. Hope this helps & enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the input, and welcome to Intercot! Online it looks like Moody Gardens has some kind of Palm Beach--what's that like? Not too many pictures to tell much about it. We are definitely headed to RFC, and we can pretend we're at Disney there. :mickey:

AnnaMom
07-13-2010, 12:36 PM
The Palm Beach is a man made beach with activities for smaller children you have to pay around $10-$12 I think to get in. You can go to Galveston.com they have all kinds of info! Also,
in the back by the Cruise terminal they have a really cool museum that shows two short films about the 1900 Hurricane that destroyed the island & real life pirates that have treasured buried some where on the island! My 10 DD loves to take the ferry across the bay and abck to look for dolphins.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-13-2010, 02:44 PM
:thanks: :wave:

clm10308
07-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Last week there were several articles in the Houston Chronicle about tar balls being collected on the beach which did happen even before the oil rig blow up. Last I heard, when they were tested none of them originated from the oil spill.