PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point

PetefromRI
07-12-2010, 11:50 AM
We'll be staying at the WL in December and we're thinking about eating at Artist Point.What do you guys think about this restaraunt?Is it worth it?What should I get?I'm thinking salmon!

faline
07-12-2010, 12:06 PM
I remember having a very excellent meal here but that was some time back. We ate here again 2-3 years ago and it was fine but certainly doesn't make it into my "must do" or "most excellent" list.

goofyfan4466
07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
the prices are high. my wife and i had the bison. it was excellent and we would recommend it to anybody. we would definately go back for the bison alone.btw , i had the scallops which were also awesome. problem was , there were only 3 . we would go back for the bison alone. i will have to try the salmon ,maybe our next trip. i hope this helps

VWL Mom
07-12-2010, 03:25 PM
We enjoy it very much and we always save it for the last night of our trip. The Cedar Plank Salmon is wonderful as is the Buffalo Sirloin. It think the prices are in line with the other signature restaurants. BTW, the have a great selection of wines from the Northwest.

WRWDisney
07-12-2010, 04:10 PM
We always try and go (it is our date night restaurant). I agree with the comments on the salmon and the bison. If you like appetizers, the mussels are amazing. The broth should be drank with a spoon (I am not kidding).

Go and try it out:thumbsup:

wdw dude
07-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Artist Point is probably my favorite restaurant at WDW. (That may change after I try Narcoossee's in October, we'll see.) I always get the filet medium rare and the tillamook macaroni & cheese :cloud9:. I always loved the chocolate cheesecake for dessert, but they didn't have it on the menu in April. I was a little disappointed with the dessert selection then.

:mickey:

aquarisis
07-13-2010, 01:23 PM
We ate at Artist Point for the first time during our 2009 trip. My husband loved it so much that he insists that we eat there at least once for every trip! I'm usually a sucker for cedar-plank salmon, but I must say that the Bison Steak was fantastic. I think no matter what you order, you can't go wrong here.

DVC2004
07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Haven't been in a few years but we had gone more than once and it was always good. I loved the scallops- and the berry cobbler. My husband had buffalo there once and I don't remember what else. They have a great selection of wine from the pacific northwest. It's a nice atmosphere- but be sure they seat you in the main area! We once were sat right in the front next to the hostess stand and it really detracted from our meal. We couldn't see the rest of the restaurant and people were coming and going through the entire meal, looking at us eat and what we had ordered. LOL not my ideal dining experience that time.

darthmacho
07-13-2010, 05:22 PM
It's our favorite restaurant in the entire world! (Not just Disney World!)

I've had both the plank salmon and the bison steak, among other great dishes. I'd recommend any of those. I'd also suggest asking for a window seat and dining around sunset, if possible.
Enjoy! :mickey:

renecat
07-14-2010, 02:24 PM
It is also one of our favorites. We usually get bison and the mushroom soup is to die for. My brother in law had the salmon one year and said it was excellent.

LandFan
07-14-2010, 04:22 PM
I remember having a very excellent meal here but that was some time back. We ate here again 2-3 years ago and it was fine but certainly doesn't make it into my "must do" or "most excellent" list.

Yeah - that's about how we feel. Good meal but... there are so many places with so much more to offer. Plus, we have a bison farm in our area so that is nothing special for us...

PetefromRI
07-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks guys,we just changed our first night dinner from the Coral Reef to Artist Point.I'm sure that it will be awesome!

tomatoe pie
07-15-2010, 11:54 AM
this restaurant:artist: has been one of our favorites. we all love the bison and all other dishes. :thumbsup: the wine list is excellent.

the only time we have had dinner there and not totally enjoyed it was thanksgiving day. :turkey: the turkey and dressing (gravey also) had some very strong seasoning that was not pleasant. it did not taste at all like turkey and dressing. i was dissappointed that we did not have a true thanksgiving dinner. that same meal may have been served at all wdw restaurants that day, but i have not heard any other grumbles. i ended up so sick :sick:that night.

i will go back because it is usually terrific. one bad experience can happen anywhere.:yes:

SallyP
07-17-2010, 07:10 AM
We enjoy Artist Point. The Head Chef Marco Chavez is new to Artist Point as of June 2010. Expect to see shellfish on the menu compared to the last few years. Chef Al, who was there for several years, is allergic to shellfish so the kitchen needed to be free of it. Now they are 'playing' with new items for the menu.
Also, the Wine Sommelier has added a wonderful after dinner rolling liquor cart. Some rare and wonderful whiskeys, ports and liqueur selections for adult enjoyment.

KAT1811
07-19-2010, 03:57 PM
We are certainly in the minority here. We love many of the finer restaurnats in WDW and were very excited when our family of then 5 could walk up and get a last minute ADR at Artist Point. I had heard so many wonderful things here and I was prepared for an excellent meal. It was awful. DH and I were very disappointed. I had the bison and couldn't even finish it. I recall the side dish being something with turnips in it and that too was horrible. I don't recall what DH had but he didn't enjoy his meal either. Maybe we hit this restaurant on an off night. Perhaps we will try it again in the future.