PDA

View Full Version : Captain EO

squijee
07-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Any word on how long this will be there? Dh and I are leaving for WDW for a week the friday after Thanksgiving and he has never seen it. I was hoping it would be there through the end of the year so he could see it.

Rekenna
07-11-2010, 06:54 PM
I am hoping to see it too, we have never seen it. We are also going the week after Thanksgiving.

Disney4us2
07-11-2010, 07:00 PM
I hope it is still there the begining of Dec. My DD is addicted to that attraction. We have to see it first thing when we visit Disneyland.:mickey:

PharmD
07-11-2010, 07:34 PM
We are going to WDW in Oct. and we are hoping it's still there. We saw it once in 92 when we went and we didn't get back until after it was gone. We got to see it when my oldest son was 2 so it will be great for him and my youngest son to see it. Only 82 more days:number1:

LandFan
07-11-2010, 11:35 PM
It's not a permanent replacement for HISTA?? I was hoping they had permanently put HISTA out of it's misery... Hmmmm....

Ms. Mode
07-12-2010, 10:02 AM
I think that it will be there for a while. I'm really excited to see it (my DH and DD aren't quite that thrilled...but they'll go with me) :mickey:

RBrooksC
07-12-2010, 10:22 AM
To be honest, I would rather watch a 3D version of paint drying.

If I want to watch something produced by George Lucas, I will watch Star Wars. If I want to see something directed by Francis Ford Coppola, I will watch The Godfather or the The Godfather Part 2.

While I will not argue that MJ was a person who entertained millions, he never entertained me. I thought his music stunk and his personal life was a mess. So, the last thing I want to do is see him in Captain Eo again and I have no desire to show it to my kids.

renecat
07-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Never was a big Michael Jackson fan but I always loved Captain EO. I know why they took it out of Epcot but never felt like HISTA was a great replacement. I think most of the people that have seen this show will be glad to see it has returned.

garthbarth1
07-13-2010, 09:18 PM
I am very excited about seeing this! We have never been before :) Is this someting that is at Disneyland all the time, not just WDW? :mickey:

Figment1988
07-16-2010, 11:33 PM
all i can say is that it's worth the time. and the "making of"prelude video in a way shows how the 80s looked like for many of who were born in the HISTA era. But Captain EO is so good, that it's as close to returning to 1986 without needing a time machine comprised of a hot tub.

JPL
07-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm guessing it will be around for at least a year and then according to Disney HISTA will be returning but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't return.