PDA

View Full Version : I never knew that...

SandmanGStefani24
07-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Since WDW seems to always have surprises...what did you learn or discover last trip?

I discovered that Caseys Corner has a "baseball stadium grandstand" in the back where you can sit and watch a classic cartoon while you enjoy your dog. Im sure everyone knew that already but it was a first for us. (its usually so crowded we eat outside.) So what did you discover or find that you never knew about last trip?

Dickson Thunder
07-11-2010, 04:43 PM
The part of the Maelstrom ride that actually opens up to the outside. I think it is at the end of the portion that goes backwards. If you
aren't in the back of the boat you might not notice you are actually outside.

:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
07-11-2010, 06:19 PM
How about the little theatre on Main Street where you can sit and watch old Mickey cartoons.:mickey: Or the two rocking chairs by the exit to The Hall of Presidents. The CMs call it the best seats in the house.:mickey:

Rekenna
07-11-2010, 06:53 PM
I haven't tested this one yet...

I read that the Shooting Gallery at MK is FREE in the mornings. So we will check it out.

Also, I didn't know about the paintbrushes at TSI so we will try that next time as well.

kathiep
07-11-2010, 08:56 PM

I read that the Shooting Gallery at MK is FREE in the mornings. So we will check it out.

It was 2 years ago!

tcswife
07-11-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm sure a lot of people knew this but at the end of the que for Jungle Cruise the Tarantula in the cage actually moves!!!!:mickey:

Kenny1113
07-12-2010, 09:35 AM

I read that the Shooting Gallery at MK is FREE in the mornings.

What is this I have not heard of it?

I guess something I learned on my last trip is that the babycare centers have everything you could need for baby. ( we were with friends with a baby, they utilized this) :D

TikiLounger
07-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Okay...I feel a bit silly about this one because it seem s like we REALLY should have known this...but, we didn't know that the queue line for Star Tours takes you underneath the Ewok's treehouse. Really, on this past trip, it was the first time we'd had to wait in any line at all for Star Tours. On past trips, we'd always walked in right away. This time? we were shocked to see a wait time of 50min posted outside.

BWayGrl
07-12-2010, 12:51 PM
This is actually from a couple of years ago...I never knew about the well outside of Indiana Jones in DHS with the rope that you can pull. I had just read about it before our last trip in '08 and made sure I pulled it when I got there! (Little things excite me :mickey:)

ILoveLegos
07-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Okay...I feel a bit silly about this one because it seem s like we REALLY should have known this...but, we didn't know that the queue line for Star Tours takes you underneath the Ewok's treehouse. Really, on this past trip, it was the first time we'd had to wait in any line at all for Star Tours. On past trips, we'd always walked in right away. This time? we were shocked to see a wait time of 50min posted outside.

Cool - Honestly that's news to me & iIve been going for a decade & a half. I have never seen that part of the queue either - I've only always just walked right on (I go in the low season).

PinKy
07-12-2010, 02:34 PM
the queue line for Star Tours takes you underneath the Ewok's treehouse.

Wow! I didn't know that either! I will have to check it out!!

:mickey:

azcavalier
07-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Cool - Honestly that's news to me & iIve been going for a decade & a half. I have never seen that part of the queue either - I've only always just walked right on (I go in the low season).

The reason the line was so long is probably because it's getting ready to close and be completely revamped. So this is the last time to see the original attraction. Drives up the interest.

lighteningqueen
07-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Did not know this but supposedly the two trams for Great Movie Ride are different. We always get put on the back one and it is the gangster one but supposedly the front one is a western shootout. If you really take time to walk AK you will find tons of stuff to do. Getting close to the tree of life on the walk and see the carvings up close. Rafikis Planet watch has several of the characters that come out that you do not see in the parks, Ak has a walk where the Cm's at the end of the park day about 4-5pm they have 3 of the large gorillas out there that they feed to get ready to put them in at night and will tell you lots of info. Hand movements make the gorillas do things very very interesting..