PDA

View Full Version : POR/POFQ questions...

darthmacho
07-11-2010, 04:19 PM
We're going to be staying at POR and was curious what our options were for visiting POFQ?

Here are my questions:

1. Are the two resorts withing reasonable walking distance? If so, about how far a walk?

2. Do the resorts share busses, and is that a viable option for a quick visit, or lunch?

3. Is the boat and option? Can you take the boat directly from one resort to the other?

4. Are you allowed to use the pool at either, or do they follow the same rules of guests only from that resort allowed?

5. Anything else I should know?

Thanks for the info in advance! :mickey:

Strmchsr
07-11-2010, 06:16 PM
1.) Yes. About a 5-10 min walk depending on how fast you walk.

2.) Yes they do. POFQ picks up first, but a bus does not run between the resorts, i.e. you couldn't take a bus from POR to POFQ.

3.) Yes you can, though that's pretty slow and often the boat is packed.

4.) Yes, guests of POR and POFQ may use the pool at the other resort. Only place this is allowed.

Nini
07-11-2010, 08:15 PM
It might have to do with the time of year you visit, but in my experience the busses don't always stop at the FQ first, or at all.

Also, the boats weren't always packed. We'd often wait a few minutes so that they could fill it up.

Our visits to POR have been in Sept. (before free dining got crazy) and mid-January.

We love POR, it's so laid back and comfortable with beautiful grounds - a relaxing place to be. Remember to catch Bob in the lounge. If I remember correctly he's there Thurs. - Sat.. He can really entertain a crowd.

Have a great time,
Denise

cajunmickey
07-12-2010, 12:07 PM
We stayed at POFQ in May. I really loved this resort. We stayed at POR years ago when the kids were little, it is a very large resort. I really like the lay out of FQ.
The resorts are fairly close. We went to catch a bus one evening and the one for POR was there we took that bus and had a nice stroll along the river about 10 minutes.
The hotels only shared a bus one day when we were there. I think it depends on what time of day it is.
The boat does go from POR to FQ but as some one said is very slow. you could walk faster than waiting for this.

#1donaldfan
07-12-2010, 12:38 PM
....about a 15 minute walk.....
....no busses from resort to resort, they do share busses on most routes though...
you can share pools.....

you'll have a great time both POR's are very nice !!!:mickey:

garymacd
07-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Actually, on question #2, there is an internal shuttle that runs after 3 or 4 pm. It is the DtD bus and is also an internal shuttle.

It really has never been an issue for us since everything is in close walking distance that we have never felt the need to use it.

It is an easy walk from main building to main building. There is a metered track that follows around the water's edge which is measured at one mile. I don't think it is more than one-half mile from main to main. I used to get up and walk the path about four or five times each morning while my girls were getting ready. Just watch out for the surrey bikes! (They are so much fun!)

As for the buses, we never had an issue with them. We found that the early morning buses to MK were separate for each resort (that may have changed since our last stay, though), and we were usually the first picked up and dropped off. But, sometimes, I think the bus drivers liked to play mind games on us and dropped us off last. Weird.

I don't think the boat starts operating until after 11 am and I don't honestly remember if it operates as an internal shuttle. But if you're not in a hurry, you can always ride all the way around from POFQ to DtD to POR.

darthmacho
07-12-2010, 06:10 PM
This is exciting news. I really wanted to see both resorts, so I'm happy that it's a convenient walk. We'll probably check out their store, pool, and food court one day. In fact, the kids seem content with us going to the pool at FQ for the morning instead of going to Typhoon Lagoon, which will save us money in the long run. (Actually, that's not true, we'll just spend it somewhere else - lol) :mickey:

Kaps
07-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Yes to all questions but you probably only need one day to see POFQ not that much to see

#1donaldfan
07-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Hopefully I can clear up a bit of mis information.....there is NOT an internal shuttle between the FQ and Riverside. Yes, the busses pick up at the FQ, then over to Riverside continuing on to various destinations, but nothing directly from the FQ to Riverside and back. Like I mentioned earlier, it's not a long walk over, and the water taxi is an option.....:cool:

lindique
07-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Hopefully I can clear up a bit of mis information.....there is NOT an internal shuttle between the FQ and Riverside. Yes, the busses pick up at the FQ, then over to Riverside continuing on to various destinations, but nothing directly from the FQ to Riverside and back. Like I mentioned earlier, it's not a long walk over, and the water taxi is an option.....:cool:
Actually, although there isn't an internal shuttle, the bus to Downtown Disney goes in reverse direction - Riverside first, then French Quarter (at least that's how it's been for the last couple of years.) So you can probably board that bus to come back.