PDA

View Full Version : What CS am I missing???

Belster
07-11-2010, 02:18 PM
We seem to always go to the same CS on every trip. While I love the places we go, I always wonder if I am mssing any hidden gems??

Here is where we usually go...what am I missing????

MK-Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bills

DHS-ABC Commissary(Not a huge fan though)

EPCOT-Sunshine Seasons

Animal Kingdom-Flametree BBQ

DTD-Wolfgang Puck

New Suggestions please!!!:mickey:

LauraByTheSea
07-11-2010, 02:54 PM
I love CHH at MK :)

There's Cosmic Ray's at MK, Pizzafari at AK, Tangerine Cafe at Epcot (Morroco), Starring Rolls at DHS... I used to love Tomorrowland Terrace until it became the Noodle Station...

Brooklynos
07-11-2010, 03:18 PM
MK - Pecos Bill is the best there! I would keep that one on your list.

Epcot - Try around the world CS, alot of them are really great and are overlooked.

DHS - I don't know the name but the little stand by ToT and RnRc.... Great food and normally not bad on lines.

AK - Flame Tree BBQ.

We always do the same ones too, do what you love, it makes the trip great!!

2MuchWDFun
07-11-2010, 03:29 PM
We love Cosmic Ray's at MK-can easily share a chicken and ribs combo meal, Yak and Yeti CS at AK, Tangierine Cafe at Epcot-can easily share a combo meal, Starring Rolls (great sandwiches and real coffee) at DHS.

DTD-We either go to Wolfgang Puck Express (we had a nice breakfast here last year) and the Earl of Sandwich.

kathiep
07-11-2010, 03:50 PM
In Epcot - the Tangerine Cafe (Morocco) is excellent as is the Yakitori House in Japan.

Rekenna
07-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Try out:

MK-Cosmic Ray's-large portions of ribs and chickens with mashed potatoes and a veggie.

Epcot-Yakitory House, Japan Pavillion-very good and you can eat outside in the adjacent courtyard.

DHS-Pizza Planet- which is loud, but is our boys favorite or Backlot Express.

AK-Restauratnosaurus-we always try to get a seat in the trailer section.

Have fun!:mickey:

akaDisneyDreamer
07-11-2010, 06:38 PM
We love Boulongerie Patisserie in the France pavillion at Epcot, also Somerfest in the German pavillion. Flame Tree Barbeque in AK is really good too! :number1:

BriarRose0708
07-11-2010, 06:52 PM
The Kringla Bakeri in the Norway Pavilion has interesting sandwiches and delicious pastries (that rival France in my opinion) for really great prices. Take a piece of school bread back to the hotel for a late night snack or sweet breakfast treat! I also really like the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco, it was easily the best and most filling meal I've had at a counter service. If lamb isn't your thing the chicken is delicious as well and their baklava is to die for. You can get the mango pie at the Yak and Yeti counter service and the honey chicken entree comes with rice and broccoli (basically the same as the sit down version).

HoosierDisneyFan
07-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Here are a few of our favorites (that you did not mention already)

DTD - Earl of Sandwich

EPCOT - Yakitori House and Yorkshire County Fish Shop

DS - Backlot Express

LandFan
07-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Epcot: yorkshire county fish shop, tangerine cafe Kringla og bakery in norway (they have great food! My favorite CS meal is their fish chowder, roast beef sandwich and rice pudding with strawberry sauce on top - I think it's called a veiled maiden), and Yakitori House.

AK: Yak & Yeti's counter service has TO DIE FOR Mango pie : ) I always stop there and buy a few when I first go to that park and bring them back and put them into our fridge in our room for snacks the rest of the week since I can never find it at home.:blush:

DHS: Backlot express has a few good things... we usually like it better than ABC commissary although the seating at Backlot is outside (in the shade) so no air-conditioning.

MK: We usually stick to Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Ray's depending upon what side of the park we are on at that point in time. I am personally not a fan of CHH although many others here like it...

Belster
07-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Thank you so much for all of your suggestions. I learned some new things and will post my thoughts when we get back....lol....I don't leave until 10/23. Just need to get in the mood while the clock ticks.

DisneyorBust
07-12-2010, 05:30 AM
My suggestions:
DTD- Earl of Sandwich
MK-Cosmic Ray's
DHS-Backlot Express

azcavalier
07-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Try the Picnic in the Park at AK. It counts as a CS meal. We've done it twice, and everyone in the family *loves* it.

As for the rest....I agree with other posters. At Epcot, Sunshine Season, which you already love, is great, but there is some really great stuff around the world showcase. Highly recommend Tangerine Cafe. It's different, but very good.

madhatterrules
07-12-2010, 09:26 AM
A few to try would be:

Boulangerie Patisserie-France in Epcot
Earl of Sanwich-downtown Disney

and some of the counter service places in the resorts. We stay at POFQ and like the meals we've had there. If you are at Magic Kingdom it's just a quick hop on the monorail to go to the Polynesian, Contemporary or The Grand Floridian. Fort Wilderness Lodge is a quick boat ride. They all have nice meals.:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
07-12-2010, 09:30 AM
As far as high quality bang for your buck goes --

Tangierine Cafe in Morocco at Epcot has fabulous counter service. The food is fresh and fantastic.

Wolfgang Puck's Express in the Marketplace at DTD. Really high quality fresh fantastic food too.

We had two of our favourite meals at these counter service locations on our last trip in May. :thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
07-12-2010, 10:10 AM
We went to Starring Rolls at HS for the first time in January and it's great! :mickey:

brownie
07-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Give Backlot Express at Disney's Hollywood Studios a try.

buzznwoodysmom
07-12-2010, 11:39 AM
We seem to always go to the same CS on every trip. While I love the places we go, I always wonder if I am mssing any hidden gems??

Here is where we usually go...what am I missing????

MK-Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bills

DHS-ABC Commissary(Not a huge fan though)

EPCOT-Sunshine Seasons

Animal Kingdom-Flametree BBQ

DTD-Wolfgang Puck

New Suggestions please!!!:mickey:

We love the places you mentioned, but also have a few favorites you didn't. We love Yak & Yeti CS at AK, and we love Earl of Sandwhich at DTD.

And in Epoct its fun to eat snacks from the different countries in WS instead of a CS meal. Also in Epcot we sometimes have a light lunch or a lunch or dinner of appitizers at one of the TS places instead of eating at a CS place. The price isn't much more than a CS meal, and you get to try a new place.

Belle_0717
07-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Belster:

We leave 10/23 as well. 102 days left.

We love the following by Park:

MK - Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays and Main Street Bakery.

EPCOT - Tangerine Cafe, Patisserie, Margarita stand. But of course there is the F&W festival.

DHS - Rosie's All American (on the way to ToT & RnRC), Min & Bill's - DH loves the shakes

DAK - Flame Tree BBQ

DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-12-2010, 06:24 PM
We really enjoyed the gourmet sandwiches and pastries at Starring Rolls in DHS...it is truly a hidden gem

GrmGrninGost
07-12-2010, 07:41 PM
My absolute favorite CS in all of WDW is Cosmic Ray's. The selection is great and Sonny Eclipse is THE BOMB! :mickey:

wdw dude
07-12-2010, 07:55 PM
We really enjoyed the gourmet sandwiches and pastries at Starring Rolls in DHS...it is truly a hidden gem

:ditto: Agree 100%

:mickey:

whitney37354
07-13-2010, 10:20 AM
MK: didn't eat CS here, but Cosmic Ray's looked good
EPCOT: Liberty Inn--bbq sandwich & hot dog
DHS: Toy Story Pizza Planet
AK: didn't eat CS here, but would have done Flame Tree BBQ
DTD: Cooke's of Dublin, we're not really seafood people, but the fish was good and the ice cream was really good
TL: Typhoon Tilly's--bbq sandwich

Pigtunia
07-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Yorkshire County Fish Shop (EPCOT) is a real winner, and if you want a pint of ale or cider whilst having your fish n chips, there's a bar right next to it.

Backlot Express (DHS) is almost as good as Pecos Bill's (MK). Pecos is probably my favourite CS.

Pigtunia
07-13-2010, 03:18 PM
:ditto: Agree 100%

:mickey:

Yes, "Starring Rolls" is a must do for morning coffee at DHS. One of the best places in WDW for coffee, IMHO.