PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Experience

MuchLovedMama
07-11-2010, 12:56 PM
It's been 2 years since we've been to Disney so we haven't been to the American Idol Experience yet. I haven't read too much about it so I was wondering from those of you that've been to it, what's it like and how did you like it? Thanks!

marlyn
07-11-2010, 03:36 PM
It's been 2 years since we've been to Disney so we haven't been to the American Idol Experience yet. I haven't read too much about it so I was wondering from those of you that've been to it, what's it like and how did you like it? Thanks!

I thought it was a lot of fun. It is very much like the real American Idol in that there are judges and performers and the audience votes on who wins.

We had 3 performers who were all very good. I was impressed by how good they were! They each perform a song and then the judges critique them. After all 3 have performed the audience votes. The winner then moves on to the finale at the end of the day!

You will enjoy it!

tinkerbellvr123
07-11-2010, 07:00 PM
i auditoned for it and tht was a lottt of funn!! also watching it made yu feel like yu were actually at an american idol taping! i wuld deff do it agaiiin :mickey:

Jillirose
07-11-2010, 09:27 PM
We saw the American Idol Experience (family of 4, kids ages 12, 15) 4 times on our last trip. We loved it!! We have watched a few American Idol seasons, and like the show, but we are not die hard fans by any means. It was great fun to see the behind the scenes making of the show. Some of the performers were very good, others just good :sing:

PlutoPlanet
07-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Yes, I liked it a lot. I'd place it in the list of top 5 attractions at DHS.
(I've given up on TSM because of the wait.)

Michelle15
07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
i auditoned for it and tht was a lottt of funn!! also watching it made yu feel like yu were actually at an american idol taping! i wuld deff do it agaiiin :mickey:

:welcome::rocks:

mattandmandy
07-12-2010, 02:51 PM
If the winner is supposed to get a ticket to the front of the line to audition for the next season....then what does someone get who is too old to audition? I have always wondered this. Twice when we saw it the winners were definitely too old to audition for the regular show.

That being said (asked) we love the show. Its a lot of fun and my preschoolers think when they see it on tv that we were actually there!

SleepinB
07-26-2010, 01:07 AM
I am not a fan of the TV show, nor am I in the target demographic. I have never watched more than maybe two episodes total from any of the seasons.

Having said that, based on reviews here on Intercot, DW and I decided to give the DHS show a try on our last trip in May. We went to the final show of the day and were pleasantly surprised. The singers were surprisingly good. There was the added fun created when people are standing on stage in their tourist clothes and all day park 'crust'. It gave an added sense of reality to the show. The only negative were the judges. They were over-the-top, annoying caricatures.

In short, we enjoyed the show and would absolutely go back. :)

lovinmesomedisney
07-26-2010, 08:25 AM
We have been to it several times now, and it is quite entertaining. Makes you want to go back! I will be seeing it again I'm sure, on my next trip in September. :mickey:

ransam
07-27-2010, 11:03 AM
If the winner is supposed to get a ticket to the front of the line to audition for the next season....then what does someone get who is too old to audition? I have always wondered this. Twice when we saw it the winners were definitely too old to audition for the regular show.

That being said (asked) we love the show. Its a lot of fun and my preschoolers think when they see it on tv that we were actually there!

when we went there, we asked that and was told that you could give it to anyone in your family who met the quailifations...